Bottling temp

Hi all, Just have a question about bottling temp. I got my carribou slobber all bottled and have put them in my basement. I was wondering if this is okay or should they be more at room temp? My house is about 68 right now so I would guess the basement to be around 60 or a little cooler. Thanks for any help

It’ll take a lot longer at 60F than at 75F and if the temp drops into the 50s you run the risk of causing the yeast to drop out and go to sleep. If you don’t have a warmer space, you can put the bottles in a cooler along with a heating pad set on low and check the temp after an hour, see if it’s 70-80F. If not, use a timer to cycle the heating pad.

okay thanks. I moved them into my bedroom wich seems to be alot warmer than any other rooms in my house. They were in my basement for about a day and 1/2 if the yeast went to sleep will it awaken when they warm up or should I do something?

[quote=“mokurjahoobees”]They were in my basement for about a day and 1/2 if the yeast went to sleep will it awaken when they warm up or should I do something?[/quote]Probably not a problem. If they haven’t carbed in a week or two, you may need to rouse the yeast by inverting each bottle and giving it a swirl.