Bottling multiple batches

Hi there,

Since its been getting cooler I’ve been on a mini brewing tear for the last several weekends.

I have one batch ready to bottle (Kolsch). I also have 2 more batches that appear to me that they will both be ready to bottle at the same time in the next couple weeks.

They are a small batch IPA and a larger BVIP.

I was thinking I would just bottle them all on the same day…IPA first, then rack the BVIP into the bucket and bottle that immediately after.

Just wondering if anyone has done something similar. I wasnt planning on a full clean up between the batches…racking the BVIP as soon as done the IPA.

I cant think of any reason this could really produce a problem. Anyone experience any problem doing this in the past?

I would personally rinse out the previous batch in the bucket and bottling wand/hose with hot water and resanitize with starsan before racking in the next one. That should only set you back by 5 minutes or so.

We routinely bottle 10 gallons at a time…20 gallons one time too.

Rinse and sanitize between every batch. Always.

If it’s 10 gallons of the same beer, we don’t rinse out the bottling bucket…just cover it up and rack the second batch back into it. But the bottling wand and auto-siphon get rinsed and sanitized for sure.

[quote=“stompwampa”]We routinely bottle 10 gallons at a time…20 gallons one time too.

Rinse and sanitize between every batch. Always.
[/quote]
+1, I’ve bottled multiple batches, but always sanitized. It doesn’t take very long, so why take a chance?

Good points. Thanks!