Bottling Cask Beer?

So I was thinking of starting to Cask some of my beers. Pure interest in an of itself. I know after watching the gone firkin episode of Brewing TV that you must drink the beer quickly, but could you not bottle some of the beer right away to prolong it’s life while drinking off the rest of the cask? Just curious since I have no problem finding people to help me drink that much beer, but I would love to save some.

I don’t think so. Oxidation and capping it without losing what little carbonation you have are two problems i see.

there is not a whole lot of difference between the two besides the pump if using it or if just using gravity. A cask is adding carbination through a secondary fermentation just like bottling
If you want some to keep in bottles just bottle some to the carb level you want and store.
If drinking them quickly you could probably bottle from the cask but they probably wont last long

[quote=“grainbelt”]there is not a whole lot of difference between the two besides the pump if using it or if just using gravity. A cask is adding carbination through a secondary fermentation just like bottling
If you want some to keep in bottles just bottle some to the carb level you want and store.
If drinking them quickly you could probably bottle from the cask but they probably wont last long[/quote]

Uh, what about the fact that you are replacing the headspace with air? That is a big part of many/most cask ales.

[quote=“Wahoo”][quote=“grainbelt”]there is not a whole lot of difference between the two besides the pump if using it or if just using gravity. A cask is adding carbination through a secondary fermentation just like bottling
If drinking them quickly you could probably bottle from the cask but they probably wont last long[/quote]

Uh, what about the fact that you are replacing the headspace with air? That is a big part of many/most cask ales.[/quote]

casks are gone so quickly, I dont think I have hardly ever seen one last more than a night if they do they are not very good. And you have a layer of c02 blanket to help protect that