Bottle refilling

I am new to home brewing and since I already have a large amount of empty beer bottles at my house. I figured id go ahead and strip the label and reuse them. Then I noticed that a few of the bottles had the “no refill” stamp on the bottom of them. My question is that, has anyone disregarded that and used them anyways and had they had any problems with bottle bombs or anything like that?

I have never seen a “no refill” stamp on a bottle. Which commercial beer was it? I will refill any bottle, if it is not a growler, that is designed for a pry off cap.

I’ve seen that before. Pretty sure it means something other than what we are doing as home brewers. I’ve used them no problems, any non twist off is fine.

Also unscented oxyclean is your best friend for label removal. They’ll fall right off after a soak.

Just a quick thought everyone…check out the miller futune bottles if you havent already…they are the darkest beer bottles I have ever seen… :cheers: Tank

I noticed this “no speeding” sign on my way home from work…

But then Id be seen by Miller Fortune.

Are they pry offs? Might be worth a Sunday morning frat row dumpster dive run…

The ones I’ve been using the most are Long Trail and Magic Hat, since they are the most available. They both have the"No Refill" stamped on them.

Those bottles should be fine for homebrewing purposes. PS…Ivan the Terrible from Founders comes in frosted black bottles. Can’t get much darker than that. It’s a fine RIS to boot.

Namaste

I believe the “no refill” is for commercial brewers. It’s not a safety warning or anything.

Coincidentally, I just posted on this. ‘Bottle Variation’ was the thread title I think.

Basically, I find the lip too fat on the Miller Fortune bottles. With my wing capper I can’t get the bottle caps to wrap around the lip. So, I tossed those into the recycle bin.

Coincidentally, I just posted on this. ‘Bottle Variation’ was the thread title I think.

Basically, I find the lip too fat on the Miller Fortune bottles. With my wing capper I can’t get the bottle caps to wrap around the lip. So, I tossed those into the recycle bin.[/quote]
So far no trouble with my bench capper… :cheers: Tank