Boilermaker barb?

I finally can afford a Boilermaker kettle, but when I go to the order page, it asks if I want a 3/8" barb, or a 1/2" barb.

Is this a matter of personal preference, or are there more pumps or whatnot with one or the other input/output?

Along those same lines, can I swap out one barb for another if I change my mind?

Thanks!

[quote=“Rico Suave”]I finally can afford a Boilermaker kettle, but when I go to the order page, it asks if I want a 3/8" barb, or a 1/2" barb.

Is this a matter of personal preference, or are there more pumps or whatnot with one or the other input/output?

Along those same lines, can I swap out one barb for another if I change my mind?

Thanks![/quote]

No Boilermaker, but I have a 1/2 MPT - 1/2 barb on my keg. You can plumb what ever configuration you want, your flow will be restricted at the smallest point.

[quote=“Rico Suave”]I finally can afford a Boilermaker kettle, but when I go to the order page, it asks if I want a 3/8" barb, or a 1/2" barb.

Thanks![/quote]

Great!

Yep, matter of preference in how you set up your equipment. Pumps are usually agnostic, and don’t come with barbs. Usually the preferred method is to restrict the flow at the output (use a smaller barb), and allow lots of flow at the input (use a larger barb), but it’s pretty inconsequential.

Absolutely you can swap barbs. They’re threaded a standard way (1/2" NPT) for just that reason.