Boil Pot used for Ribs

Well, the ribs were awesome. It’s the way she does them, and I’ve found out after 20 years of marriage a suggestion that she’s not doing it right really doesn’t score me a lot of points.

I would try to use the “I need a new brewpot” approach, but I just bought a new 10Gal. So, that plot will have to wait.

The lemon water soak sounds pretty good, though. I’ll give that a try.

I probably should get a smoker. Then I can gently suggest we experiment with it.

[quote=“paultuttle”]Well, the ribs were awesome. It’s the way she does them, and I’ve found out after 20 years of marriage a suggestion that she’s not doing it right really doesn’t score me a lot of points.

I would try to use the “I need a new brewpot” approach, but I just bought a new 10Gal. So, that plot will have to wait.

The lemon water soak sounds pretty good, though. I’ll give that a try.

I probably should get a smoker. Then I can gently suggest we experiment with it.[/quote]Tell her you want to try a new hobby that will help her out; BBQ’n. Offer to cook all the ribs, brisket & pork butt. There isn’t anything more relaxing then tending your smoker while brewing a batch of beer. Then reward yourself & your wife with Good Eats. :cheers:

You can smoke on a weber kettle grill pretty easily.

As far as cleaning, I’ll suggest using Barkeeper’s Friend. It does quite a number on stainless.

djt, that sounds like a great idea. I think I will.

My approach is:

Dry rub, let sit at room temp 1-2 hours.

Place in smoker with cherry/apple mix
200F for 1 hour
210F for 1 hour
220F for 1 hour
finish at 225F for 30 - 60 minutes.

Remove from smoker, let rest about 5 minutes, enjoy.

OK, I wanted a stir plate for Father’s Day, but after reading all these posts, I think I want a smoker. Maybe if I’m a really good boy, and can swing both… :wink: