Blueberry Wheat Extract Recipe Critique

Ok yall I’m looking for a recipe crituque for a blueberry wheat beer. Lay it on me.

Thanks in advance!

6 Lb Liquid Wheat Extract
3 Lb Wheat DME
1 oz Hersbrucker 60min
Wyeast 3333 German Wheat

Secondary after 2 weeks
3lb Blueberry Puree
3lb Frozen Blueberries

Kegging after 2 weeks of secondary
Taste and add blueberry extract .5 oz at a time to gain aroma.

AND GO!!!

[quote=“fixer2u”]Ok yall I’m looking for a recipe crituque for a blueberry wheat beer. Lay it on me.

Thanks in advance!

6 Lb Liquid Wheat Extract
3 Lb Wheat DME
1 oz Hersbrucker 60min
Wyeast 3333 German Wheat

Secondary after 2 weeks
3lb Blueberry Puree
3lb Frozen Blueberries

Kegging after 2 weeks of secondary
Taste and add blueberry extract .5 oz at a time to gain aroma.

AND GO!!![/quote]

That should work. The last (only) blueberry ale I ever did I did the same on the blueberries with extract added to taste at bottling.

The recipe looks solid as does the blueberry addition. One thing I would consider is using wyeast american wheat 1010. I would be concerned that a german wheat yeast’s esters wouldn’t mesh well with the blueberries or ould dominate their flavor.

I can’t comment yet. I have 4 gals of a farmhouse ale with 8 lbs of blueberries that needs to be racked this weekend.
First time with bb, I’m interested in how much they add to the beer.

My first blueberry ale came out tasting not so great . I brewed an American wheat extract ale and just added some blueberry flavoring I picked up from my lhbs at bottling time. Next time I will use real fruit. Would like to know how this turns out

Thanks for the comments,

I have read other old threads where people recommended using the American ale yeast as well, so I will take the advise and run with it!

Ill repost as the beer devepoles!

Nick