Blichman burner inside?

I have most of my brewing supplies in my basement, and was wondering if I could use my blickman burner there too? I could get a natural gas conversion for it an run it by my sink. Would I need an exterior exhaust fan since it would be natural gas? My stovetop upstairs isn’t required to have one. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Do you have those small windows in the basement that leads directly outside? I may just be excessively worried on how bad of an idea it is without the proper safety precautions. Nobody on this forum wants to mourn a fellow brewer die from carbon monoxide poisoning. If anything either get a adequate exhaust fan and keep the windows and doors open to allow ventilation. The convenience of brewing in your basement is not worth your life and always check for gas leak when you find a way to route your natural gas.

I would highly recommend a properly sized exhuast fan to remove moisture and any unburned fuel/byproducts.

Be very wary of this my man.
Yes you can do it, you need a proper amount of exhaust. Now this is important in the same vein>>>>>>>IF you have a correct flow output unit such as a situation like this calls for you need to have make up air. What that means is a source of outside air entering the home in general to prevent a back pressure situation. Think pilot lights being sucked out without your immediate knowledge kinna thing while your running a large burner here or furnace/ hot water heater exhaust gas being sucked into the home instead of out a chimney along with hosts of other situations such as excessive residual moisture remaining in the whole home creating high incidence of black molds etc…

And main topic if I can for a moment paint a picture of a yolkel using a box fan in a 24" window at the top of the room etc… is the attribute of poisonous gasses accumulating at/ or near ground level and not even being exhausted unless the evac rate is correct. That box fan is exhausting something right? Many times yes the precious O2 you need to run the burner and maybe also breathe which of course is the important topic here.

So yes if you’re prepared to build/ buy a commercial restaurant style exhaust hood with either a self contained or alternate make up unit your good.

EDIT* Here is a good bit of info from my local brew club which is the bomb shizzle by the way LMFAO. It is the St Paul home brewers club which includes the likes of too many award winning brewers, Core officers of the BJCP, Gordon Strong, MAD Mead champs Kurt and Cathy Stock,(one of the originators of the club) etc… I am not a member as I just dont have the time to give currently but if any locals are looking for a good group of people SPHC is a excellent group of “fermentation scientists” to be a part of :mrgreen:
Exhaust info:

http://www.sphbc.org/resources

See the link under “Guidelines for Venting Basement Brewing Exhaust”
Note these terms “from Todd on his downstairs hood - no more than 300cfm or the fan will pull flue gasses from their furnace or hot water heater.”

This is the subject I was referring to above regarding make up air. You yourself and/or your contractor will need to do the math here is what it boils down to. Always refer to building code such as the link I provided its there for a reason. If you dont find an immediate source also to the following you will need to find out if your new burner “professionally rigged” you get my drift etc… is going to be covered in your homeowners policy if something were to ever go AWOL. As you may need a higher coverage levy or additional rider and in some municipalities it may be like pulling teeth to get fire code approval also and many Ins Co’s will flat out deny to insure the project for fire/ accidental death etc… even if you cover all the state/ local and fire code bases and get a $5000 install etc… So if these things matter maybe start by speaking to your agent unless you and your family just dont care about being paid if an insurance claim was ever a necessity. Just tacking all the bases that I myself have looked at as I wanted to do this also instead of dragging equip out to the uninsulated/ dirt floor garage every time I brew as the dirt floor makes me keep water spillage to a minimum unless I like cleaning up sh*t in a big mud puddle. So bottom line I decided I can move a few pieces of equipment around until I find the dream home that warrants a complete basement brewery or decked out garage with a concrete floor. The money it would cost me to pay extra insurance premos and setup all the needs including exhaust I can build a whole new garage!

But if you are in your dream home already, go for it man. The reward will far outweigh the current costs/ labor involved.