Biofine Clear

I dry hopped my Alt beer and the hops have decided to stay mostly at the top, maybe they will drop out over the next two days, I don’t know. What do you think of adding a dropper full of Biofine Clear to the beer? It’s supposed to drop out any solids floating around and really clear up the beer.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/biof ... -1-oz.html

Biofine isn’t going to help with hops, you’ll either have to wait or cold crash the carboy (ie - stick in in a fridge). Once cold the hops drop out nicely.

cheap a$$ gelatin does the trick as well.

How much should I use for 5 gallons. It’s an Alt beer if that makes any difference. :cheers:

I recommend racking the beer from under the hops before adding a fining agent. I don’t see how any fining agent will drop hops.

How much should I use for 5 gallons. It’s an Alt beer if that makes any difference. :cheers: [/quote]

two tablespoons is enough. but lately I have just been using the entire knox gelatin package.

It is extremely cheap. I think you get four packets for about $1.29. I have split one of the packages into two kegs, and it worked just fine. But if I am only kegging one, I just use the entire package.

And it works fast. 24-48 hours later, pull a pint or two, then all clear from then on out.