Big brew day today

Just about to boil.
Sneezles61

Tied off hands up done

Oh wait I need to clean up. First a couple beers to celebrate the holiday

2 Likes

6 oz Saaz… I’m going to pull them… Get my chiller set up… add the next 6 oz… and repeat for the WPH…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Mash time, beautiful day for a brew!

:beers:
Rad

4 Likes

Just about time to pitch yeast!! My gravity is 1.072… Nice…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Cleaned up… All put away… Enjoying a small lager on the deck now… It was a fun time brewing and having a conversation about it today! Rad, where are you at now? Squeegee is cutting logs yet? Brew Cat and Dannyboy are consuming some now?
Sneezles61

1 Like

Chill out man have a homebrew :beers:

Whirlpool time

Rad

2 Likes

Nice… What’d you brew?
Sneezles61

Today I learned that doing 5 gallons isn’t enough on my system… By the time my manifold is full, the parallel CF full… I didn’t have enough left to even get one crumb of whirlpool hop wet… So I omitted that part… I can always DH…
I even went low tech on my fermenter… Used a better bottle and air locker… Figured I could save my SS buckets for Thursday’s brewing?
I wasn’t having fun when the thermo gizmo wouldn’t work… But then remembering some older gear could make brewing easy… makes think I will alter my rig a bit to make the thermometer the usual go to… Being able to brew, no matter what the equipment throws at you, is a great day in my book!!
Sneezles61

3 Likes

Pitched Hothead no starter at 90 degrees…let’s see how this Kveik stuff works. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@sneezles61 I brewed THIS

Bud in the neighborhood is getting back into brewing so he came over and did an extract batch socially distant in my garage. He also got to sample a few homebrews from my kegerator. He has been searching for a recipe for Conway’s Irish Ale which is one of his favorites and wanted to make sure he remembered how to brew since he hasn’t done it since 2011.

Only issue is he’s only ever brewed extract and ordered ingredients for AG clone. . .:joy: Once we got that sorted, he started to panic a little bit and was very glad he came over today to at least see how it’s done. I told him I’d be happy to let him use my mash tun and mill and walk him through the process when he gets his ingredients. Also discussed the possibility of setting up BIAB for him with my spare 8 gal kettle. I’ll be researching here for that process this week. Now, time to enjoy sunshine and beers and order pizza.

Rad

3 Likes

We finished an ale about 4:00 EST. Sat by the man cave enjoying the beautiful day sipping in a couple of Hefs. Named today’s brew “Triple Eagle”. Had three Bald Eagles :eagle: circling overhead for about 15-20 minutes during the boil. Magnificent and unheard of around here when I was a kid.

3 Likes

Oslo strain has taken yesterday’s wort from 1.07 to 1.049 at a healthy 84F.

1 Like

Just checked my gravity… 23 hours after pitch… I’m down to 1.068… I see my temp is at 60! I just unplugged the freez-mentor… I’ll let come to room temp… Belgium yeast shouldn’t be fermented so low…
Sneezles61

I finished up around 1:30 I think. Cut a coupe acres of pasture then went for a ride on the bike and picked up some beer from the brewery on the mountain.https://bearchasebrew.com/

it was around 6PM when I opened the growler of Mornin Sunshine American IPA. It’s very good. Drank two pints, finishing off the last two right now.

I love your copper and silicone setup. More pics in a gear thread!

I have a great recipe for Smithwyck’s Irish Ale if Conway’s is anything like it.

This AM I’m at 1.040… Temp up to 74*… I haven’t watched an air locker for a long time…
Sneezles61

Mines in my lagerator where it will be for at least 2 week then a few days on the floor then probably cold crash a week or so then keg and seal for awhile. I’ll get to drink it in July

1 Like

Wow, Yeastie Boys are chewing through that!