BIAB recipes on NB

Is there an easy way to convert the new BIAB recipes to 5 gallon all-grain recipes?Multiply the grains by 1.60?
What about the hops?
I’m interested in the Oatmeal cookie brown ale.

Are you going to do them as BIAB? Why not just make the 3 gallon recipe? I like 3 gallon batches, it’s the point where I start to get tired of a beer in the keg. Plus it affords you more variety and makes it so you can brew more often.

To go from 3-gal to 5-gal you need to multiply the grain bill by 1.66 and the ratio of the assumed recipe efficiency to your actual brewhouse efficiency (most likely lowering the amount of grain). Hops is straight 1.66 as the easiest method but you could complicate it by adjusting slightly for the change in kettle gravity at the start of the boil (the 3-gal batch will be slightly lower in gravity to start so you would need a little more hops to compensate in the 5-gal).

I was planning on doing a 5 gallon batch, batch sparge allgrain.

Buy a copy of Beersmith and let it do it for you. Yeah, that’s right, I’m super lazy and hate math!

I do have a copy of Beersmith. My only complaint is not knowing if I’m using the correct grains if they don’t have them in their data base. I plugged in the amounts bumped them up using a factor of 1.66 and got an OG calculation of 1.075 vs. NB’s 1.066. I had this same problem when I made my 100% Kolsch last week and Beersmith didn’t have that malt in their data base.

[quote=“flytyer”] I plugged in the amounts bumped them up using a factor of 1.66 and got an OG calculation of 1.075 vs. NB’s 1.066.[/quote]Did you adjust the efficiency? As a guess, NB is using something like 65% efficiency for their bag recipes.