Best Homebrew app

Good Morning,

I am attempting my first all grain batch this weekend and I was wondering something. What App do you guys suggest for tracking times, water to grain ratios , etc. that I could use on an i OS device? I just want something to help me track the process and keep tabs on everything. Thanks in advance!

I use iBrewMaster on my IPhone, holds all my recipes has a great timer and shows water amounts, among other things…I also like the printout recipe forms from iBrewMaster. Also use BeerSmith that I link from my laptop to it’s app on my phone as well. There are several out there so I’m sure you will find the one you like.

:wink:

Much like the “best recipe software” question, it depends on what you need/want/UI. Only you can tell which one is the best. Install all you can find and give them a spin.

Its funny you should mention paper and pencil. There is a dude in my old club (late 20’s/early 30’s) who is a systems engineer and a touch OCD. He doesn’t ‘trust’ any brewing apps/software and does ALL his calculations by hand. Raeger formula for IBU’s, everything.

I’ve been thinking about getting the Beersmith 2 app for my smartphone, but can’t bring myself to pay $7.99 for the app…I use beersmith on my laptop, which works just fine. Although, I’d kind of like to upgrade to the newer version at some point. But so far, I haven’t felt the need.

+1

I really like BrewSmith 2

I have beersmith 2 on my iPod touch. The program works really well and it’s nice to have it on hand during brew days.

I like BrewAide for Android. You can import BeerSmith recipes from DropBox or SD card. No editing, but it’s handy on brew day.

I like BrewAide for Android. You can import BeerSmith recipes from DropBox or SD card. No editing, but it’s handy on brew day.[/quote]
Ah, that’s cool. I’ll check that oot.