Best Brewing Season

What is your favorite / least favorite brewing season? Why?

It has been an unusually coolish summer in KC, which has been nice. But the flies are numerous and aggressive, and I’m tired of only being able to cool to 78°F with groundwater. The extended daylight in summer is nice, though.

Spring has to be my favorite brewing season. Comfortable temps, no flies, fast chilling with ground water, and weather is warm enough to do all of my cleanup outside.

I tend to like the fall. Only issue in my region is we get a lot of wild yeast kicked up in late august early september. Just requires a little more care. I brew in a garage now so it is not a huge issue anymore.

Spring in Ottawa is a mess. We usually get 300-500 cm of snow per winter (10-17’). Can be gone as early as march, or stay as long as late April, so hard to call. If it is not raining the whole time brewing can be nice.

FALL.

College football on the flatscreen, not sweating my ass off in the screened in porch. The dogs running around the back yard. Having to put on a pull over or jacket and actually enjoying the heat coming off the burner and kettle.

I love brewing in the fall.

Mid to late fall is the BEST. I miss brewing outside during those times. Either way, I love having the windows open in the house while I’m brewing during the fall. Besides, fall is my favorite season of the year anyway.

For me definitely winter, well a Texas winter.

Something about seeing your breathe in the air during the brew and using the boiling steam to keep warm. Primative.

And more often then not, smoked meat is in the air during winter.

Fall is also my favorite season in general. For brewing, mid-late fall rivals spring for me, because it meets the same criteria noted in my OP.

[quote=“Brew Meister Smith”]
Spring in Ottawa is a mess. We usually get 300-500 cm of snow per winter (10-17’). Can be gone as early as march, or stay as long as late April, so hard to call. If it is not raining the whole time brewing can be nice.[/quote]
We get so few days with precipitation here that I’ve grown to love brewing while it’s raining/snowing. Actually, I don’t think I’ve ever had a chance to brew during a proper snowfall. We typically get less than four of those in a given year.

Fall for me too.
Early Fall= Alt, Double Alt, and Cider.
Late Fall/early winter = Lagers!!!

It doesn’t really matter much for me since I brew in my shop and it has heat and air. However I prefer to brew from around mid October until late April. I can chill my ales with tap water and don’t need to use the fridges for fermenting, I can also lager in the unheated part of the shop for a few months. Very rarely do I brew in the summer, maybe 1 or 2 batches, I’d rather be at my camper at the lake, golfing, fishing, etc.

I enjoy brewing most when the ground water is cold and the weather is nice. I also have to say that there is something special about brewing while it’s snowing. It’s so quiet and peaceful.

[quote=“kcbeersnob”][quote=“Brew Meister Smith”]
Spring in Ottawa is a mess. We usually get 300-500 cm of snow per winter (10-17’). Can be gone as early as march, or stay as long as late April, so hard to call. If it is not raining the whole time brewing can be nice.[/quote]
We get so few days with precipitation here that I’ve grown to love brewing while it’s raining/snowing. Actually, I don’t think I’ve ever had a chance to brew during a proper snowfall. We typically get less than four of those in a given year.[/quote]

I know what you are saying. I have brewed in a blizzard at least 2 or 3 times and had a great time. After a while stuff like that gets old though and you just like a nice cool sunny day so temps are easy / nothing freezes up / no one gets a soaker.