Best 6 pack for under $10?

this thread is largely problematic for different markets.

Not hearing much from folks in Manhattan :mrgreen:

Bell’s Two Hearted $8.99
Upland Dragonfly IPA $5.99
Evansville, IN

I just picked up a 6 pack of Real Ale mix. It has two bottles of Rio Blanco Pale Ale, Full Moon Pale Rye, and Brewhouse Brown. It was on sale for $5.99, but I would buy a 6 pack of any of these beers. I would have purchased more, but I am already getting ready for fall brewing. I did pick up several 6 packs of their Han’s Pils because I am not going to brew lagers for a few weeks. Normally, these 6 packs run $7.99-8.49, and they are well worth it.

Perle Snap Pils from Austin Beer Works is another great 6 pack. It has a bit of diacetyl, but just enough to add richness/complexity to the hop and malt character. I usually pick some up at the Whip In when I am in Austin. I think it is $8.99 for a 6 pack in cans.

Great Lakes Commodore Perry is my go to. I think it’s $7.99 here in Cleveland

[quote=“Motsyball”]Got to say for an IPA you will be hard pressed to find a better one under $10 than Three Floyds Zombie Dust. For a Porter you will be hard pressed to find a better one under $10 than Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald.

What are some of your favorite beers for under $10 a 6 pack?[/quote]

This might help sway your decision, all of them are under $10 for a 6 pack:

:cheers:

Its weird, I L.O.V.E. just about every beer from them. Except that one :cheers:

too much apricot-y hop flavor, not enough dankitude.

Its weird, I L.O.V.E. just about every beer from them. Except that one :cheers:

too much apricot-y hop flavor, not enough dankitude.[/quote]

Not weird at all. :cheers: I know a lot of people who don’t enjoy it for that reason.

I do have yet to find anyone who doesn’t like the Alchemy Hour though. It’s the best beer that’s come out of there in the last 5+ years. It goes down WAY too easy :slight_smile:

I’m drinking a Victory Festbier right this minute and it’s pretty damned good for a beer that was well under $10.00

I think that market pricing and excluding taxes needs to be looked at. Here in the Twin Cities its pretty standard for Sierra Nevada’s to be 7.99 when on sale, usually 8.99 or 9.99 as a normal price. When I swing down to La Crosse Wisconsin however those same sixers are 6.99 standard price. (not to mention New Glarus, Summit, for geographical locals.)

Still any of the ones I just mentioned are pretty easy to pick up, as is lagunitias

[quote=“ObsidianJester”]I think that market pricing and excluding taxes needs to be looked at. Here in the Twin Cities its pretty standard for Sierra Nevada’s to be 7.99 when on sale, usually 8.99 or 9.99 as a normal price. When I swing down to La Crosse Wisconsin however those same sixers are 6.99 standard price. (not to mention New Glarus, Summit, for geographical locals.)

Still any of the ones I just mentioned are pretty easy to pick up, as is lagunitias[/quote]
Yes indeed. I live in New York state, a nanny state or so I’ve been told. Taxes are high on everything.
That’s why I brew my own beer. No taxes. I Effing love it.

Interesting question: I get almost any Oregon brewed beer at my local supermarket (Fred Meyer owned by Kroger) on sale for 6.99 at one time or another during the year. I think standard price is up to about 8.99 now. They usually sell the SN products at around the same price. To get over $10 you have to find something from far away or from a small brewery. I’m thinking Racer 5, Victory Hop Devil etc. Some of the midwest breweries mentioned, e.g. Bell’s, Three Floyds, Great Lakes etc, are probably available at bottle shops, but Freddy’s doesn’t carry much besides Oregon, Washington and California beers. Those are enough to fill almost an entire supermarket aisle long chiller.

The new Long Trail Limbo IPA is very good and prolly about $9.99/sixer

That is a great beer. A few dollars more than $10 here in Mass, but not by much.