Bench capper

I have been using the standard wing capper for the past two years with success, I have been looking at buying the super Agata bench capper. Any recomendations?

Wonderful machine. Fasten it to platform that you can clamp to the counter top if you bottle in the kitchen.

I have one too and love it so much better that the two wing cappers that I have since given away. I have never mounted it anywhere because I cap in different locations.

I love my wing capper. I received that same bench capper as a gift for xmas. I’ve used it on about 4-5 bottles and every time the crown would not release the bottle so I would push down and release and left would lift the entire bottle with it. I had to really wrench it to get it out of there. I seem to be the only person on the planet with this problem so I assume it’s an issue with the capper itself. Not sure I can return it 5 months after it was purchased so it just takes up precious space in my house.

[quote=“mattnaik”]I love my wing capper. I received that same bench capper as a gift for xmas. I’ve used it on about 4-5 bottles and every time the crown would not release the bottle so I would push down and release and left would lift the entire bottle with it. I had to really wrench it to get it out of there. I seem to be the only person on the planet with this problem so I assume it’s an issue with the capper itself. Not sure I can return it 5 months after it was purchased so it just takes up precious space in my house.[/quote]Try wetting the inside surface of the bell with a little vegetable oil.

I may have mentioned this before, I have the Colonna capper/corker that I’ve used for 25 + years. Has been the only capper I’ve ever had. I like it because it works like a drill press, and you can remove and raise or lower the base plate for height of any size bottle. Very versatile. I’ll venture to say that it probably will never wear out. “O” maintenance. That’s the good part, the bad part is it’s $80 bucks.
All I can say is it’s worth every penny, just my opinion.