Belgian Blonde Fermenting Temp

That wasn’t my experience but my experience is much more limited than yours. WIth that much empirical evidence I defer to you sir…

1 Like

Danny I appreciate that. I have concentrated on Belgiums for most of my ameteur career.

Take care,
Beavis

Update. Brewed last night and hit my 1.056 OG. Pitched rehydrated yeast at 70 degrees and as of this afternoon it’s humming right along at 74 degrees. Smells great and a nice head on the top. Can’t wait!!

1 Like

In your ameteur career? Are you a commercial Brewer? Just wondering.

2 Likes

Always in search of that new micro brewery with the kickazz belgium right?

1 Like

nossir. I am a proud amateur.

I am concentrating on lagers the last two years now, but i still have to do a nice Belgium series every year.

1 Like

Racked to secondary on Saturday. I know I know its pointless but I wanted to so I did dang it! Gravity read right on point at 1.007 so I’m gonna let it sit for two weeks then bottle. Can’t wait to taste this bad boy!!!

1 Like

Well now dag nabbitt any who… Yer fine, just fine doing yer way… Don’t let any of them curmudgeons hollar you into a corner… :sunglasses: Sneezles61

Nothing wrong with secondary. I think they are relatively safe unless you rack haphazardly. I also feel the beer clears significantly better and quicker.

1 Like

Thanks sneezles! I’m going to try both and see if I see any difference.

Bottled about a week ago and everything is looking great!!! Cant wait to get into this batch and taste the results!!

I pitch around 70 let it run up into the 80s then fall back into the 70s. I’ve brewed them in the 60s also. They all come out good just different. So it depends on what your looking for and your strain. I just pushed an Ardennes yeast in the high 80s going to compare it to the same yeast in a beer fermented 65-72ish