Being vegan

Personally i think. Its. Weird. But my brother in law. A vegan. Comes to island. For x mas. He has a question. If i do have vegan. Beer. ??? Means i have to brew with out animal products. I know isingglass. Contains. Fishbladder. Or gelantin. Animal product. Me. Think. This pushing. The issue. Guess no beer for him. Second question. I do use irish moss. 15 min before. End of boil. Or should i use isingglass. After primary fermenting. Me got a weird. Feeling. Add a fish bladder. Product

Irish moss works well for me and is vegan since it’s plant based. Maybe yeast are not vegan though…I mean they are little beasts right? :joy:

I get wanting to be vegetarian and have considered it myself but I just like meat. Veganism is understandable too but many of them seem to have very extreme opinions. My middle son dated a vegan for a while and she was a PITA to be honest…not just about food but everything. She claimed you couldn’t be a true feminist if you were not vegan because taking eggs from a chicken was like forced abortion and milking a cow was basically rape…um…ok…gotcha…boy I’m glad that one didn’t last.

3 Likes

You know everybody. Its own thing. But dont bother me. With your faith. Or believes. Haha yeast not a good thing as well. My wife vegetarian. Just for her health. But she cooks me a steak. And all other good food. And no complain about beer drinking. Smoking. Eating meat. Only thing she complains. I need to eat more. Green stuff. But i do. Love ketchup

3 Likes

Yea exactly man…everyone has the right to do their own thing and exist in the world. I try not to judge. I’m sure there are a few people who think I’m nuts.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with people that are vegans, My issue is the preaching! I don’t preach to you about my eating habit, you should not preach to me. It is a matter of opinion.

1 Like

@dannyboy58, I tried not to judge. I really did…well…not really. But can you really blame me on this one? :joy:

3 Likes

Not one bit!

Vegans eat mushrooms and yeast is a fungus so no problem. Vegans also use a lot of miso and bacterial fermented vegetables which are technically fermented by animals which are bacterial. I never use gelatin or isinglass in my beers so my beers are always vegan but never gluten free. My wonderful wife is vegan and she has no issue drinking my beers.

1 Like

Well there are preachy people but that has nothing to do with being vegan. We can all get preachy at times I try to check it

1 Like

Anybody try the Impossible Burger?
Not bad really, I’ve had it from a local pub and I had BK’s Impossible Whopper.
It may be where we are heading…7.7 Billion(with a B) people in the world now. All wanting red meat, two car garage and a true green chemlawn. Ain’t gonna happen.

ok that sounded vaguely like preaching

1 Like

As a meat eater, I actually enjoy impossible burger, and beyond meat burgers. Not bad at all!

1 Like

Apparently the impossible burger is cooked in the same meat grease as the regular burgers could that be what people are tasting. I’ve had a taste of some at home and not cooked in grease. Not really impressed with the taste without all the fixings

I’ve had both, I’d give the edge to the Impossible.

A coworker is fond of saying “If God did not want us to eat animals, He would not have made them taste so good!” :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t but my meat loving sons both tell me it’s very good.

Through most of human history animals thought the same thing looking at us

1 Like

If meat eaters acted like vegans If Meat Eaters Acted Like Vegans - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 35 - YouTube

1 Like

I enjoy a good veggie burger once in a while. At work we will do veg burger and I will put a meat burger with it and it’s good. The, “circle of life burger”

1 Like

I had a good friend many years ago who was vegetarian and wanted to go vegan. She was never preachy about it and had good reasons behind her thought process. She was really struggling with going full vegan because of ice cream however. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: All this vegan talk and I’m having steaks for dinner tonight. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

I’m about to make meatloaf with 3 kinds of meat that my vegan wife brought home for me to cook for the boys. When she learns a new factoid she relates it but doesn’t preach. Short version is processed meat like sausage are the worst for you, eggs and chickens have the least impact, average american consumption of turf is not sustainable long term, average asian consumption of surf is not sustainable long term. Choices will have to be made in the future about most calories for least cost and we should start now (answer to that question is beer imo)

3 Likes