Beerfest Approach

I’m headed to a beerfest on Saturday and was wondering how everyone approaches beerfests. When I first started going about 8 years ago I just went to get drunk. That’s changed and now I try to enjoy the beer and find ones that I like. Over the last few years I’ve even convinced my friends to sit through some beer talks so we can learn about what we are drinking.

But even with these changes I still fail to remember the majority of the beers that I tasted or actually liked. Any suggestions? Anyone have a unique approach?

[quote=“bistro37”]I’m headed to a beerfest on Saturday and was wondering how everyone approaches beerfests. When I first started going about 8 years ago I just went to get drunk. That’s changed and now I try to enjoy the beer and find ones that I like. Over the last few years I’ve even convinced my friends to sit through some beer talks so we can learn about what we are drinking.

But even with these changes I still fail to remember the majority of the beers that I tasted or actually liked. Any suggestions? Anyone have a unique approach?[/quote]

I’d probably take notes on my iphone…yup I’m a tech geek and as much as i hate apple i do love that damn phone

I’m with you for most of that. My first beer fest my friends and I had a strategy to get different tastes and share them while in line for the next. Now I grab one and walk around and try the ones I am really interested in first. If I find something I like I will grab a coaster, sticker, business card or whatever they have and stick it in my pocket. That way when I come to the next day I can search my pockets and remember what the good stuff was.

I have a Galaxy Note so I take a picture and then take notes on the picture with my S pen :slight_smile:

Simple solution: use the http://untappd.com app on your Android or iPhone. Can keep track of every beer that you try and you can jot a few notes if you want. Should I be embarrassed to admit that this app was what drove me to get a smartphone a couple years ago?

This will be the first one with Untappd and was thinking about using it. I think peer pressure is the biggest problem. They all want to push on to the next table. I also like the idea of only taking stuff from places I liked. Normally I end up with random stuff from places I’m not sure I actually went to.