Beer in Troy, Michigan

Heading up to Troy on Thursday, I’ll only be in town for one night, but I’m looking to see if anyone knows a good brewpub or a place to have a good dinner that has good beer fro the area.

Thanks!

Well, the best beer in Troy, MI is from MullerBrau without a doubt. Food is not served though but the beer is free and quite tasty.

Good brew pubs in the area are as follows (in order of my preference):

Kuhnhenn’s (Warren) very good beer, bring your own food.
Rochester Mills Brewery (Rochester) good beer and great food
Clubhouse BFD (Rochester) not a brewery but 40+ MI beers on tap, good food
Royal Oak Brewery (Royal Oak) good beer and food
Black Lotus Brewery (Clawson) so so beer and great food

I currently have 5 beers on tap (Two Hearted Pale Ale, Black IPA, Cream Ale, Red Chair NWPA, and Racer 5 IPA clone) and a cellar full of aging porters, etc. PM me if you are interested in a visit.

All the breweries MullerBrau listed are great but…you can’t come to S.E. Michigan and not try Dragonmead Brewery. Limited food menu but a large selection of great beers.

[quote=“jbrew”]All the breweries MullerBrau listed are great but…you can’t come to S.E. Michigan and not try Dragonmead Brewery. Limited food menu but a large selection of great beers.[/quote]Shoot, I knew I would forget a few. Dragonmead is awesome and it is another one which you can bring in your own food. We used to have our brew club meetings there until we outgrew it. Lily’s and Bastone in Royal Oak are pretty good too. I do most of my drinking at home though.

Great suggestions, many thanks guys.