Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Beer Geek Nation

I have to give a plug for my favorite Youtube station, Beer Geek Nation.

Chris Steltz is a homebrewer, craft beer enthusiast and phenomenal beer reviewer. If you haven’t seen any of his reviews, this is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7jVCSHxtko

That is a great video. Rolling Rock has always been one of my least favorite beers. Was never able to drink more than one unless it had been in a cooler of ice for at least 24 hours (basically just making it taste super cold, and getting no flavor). It has been YEARS since I have had a RR & this definitely didn’t make me want to rush out and buy some…although I am a little curious. :smiley:

Totally agree. I haven’t had RR in years and am considering buying it just so i can remind myself what DMS tastes like.

Well, he’s not entirely right in that video. Yes, DMS is typically an off-flavor, but check BJCP guidelines for the style. Some DMS is appropriate.

Personally I hate the flavor and aroma of DMS in any style–whether it’s supposed to be there or not. Boulevard Brewing Co who normally makes top shelf specialty craft beer as part of their Smokestack series put out “Reverb” imperial pilsner last year. In the aroma and flavor I could not get past the nasty DMS corn characteristic. Nasty stuff.

I have seen a few of this guys videos. personally I really like them. seems like someone that enjoys brewing and isn’t trying to come across as a know it all.

as far a RR, it kind of reminds me of this one guy in college. He would always bring a 6 pack of Bud Light or something like that quality to the parties. And now here is the kicker - we use to think he must be rich or something - everyone was like ‘geez. where does Tom get all that money for the good stuff…’. those were serious comments that were made all the time as we sat there with our cases of nati light or keystone.

how funny that was looking back and how far I have come from those days.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com