Beer delivery heroes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/08/17/beer-deliverymen-talk-man-out-of-jumping-off-bridge-by-offering-him-a-12-pack-of-coors-light/?utm_term=.2b053d0d4fc7

I would have held out for something better. Seriously, a nice story.

1 Like

Good for them! Thanks for sharing that. Apparently, even Coors Light can be good for something. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

Unrelated Coors light story. I was in the 5¢ bottle & can return the other day and the guy next to me had only Coors light cans to return. They were all back in the cardboard packs, taped up and counted. My returns were in a big garbage bag, mixed and I had no idea how many.

In NY there is a deposit on any carbonated beverage in bottles & cans and recently on water bottles. Kind of a PIA but keeps them off the side of the road and gives kids or down and out people a job. In Florida it all goes in the recycle bin. We are serious about recycling but I see bottles & cans in the trash. Sad.

Not to further derail the original discussion but in our first house, we recycled EVERYTHING every week. Most times our recycling container was bigger and fuller than our trash can. When we moved to our current house in 2011, recycling was a bit of a pain and more restrictive on what they would take and was only picked up once a month! :scream: Thankfully that got bumped up to twice per month two years ago.

:beers:
Rad

We have 3 recycle bins in NY and usually put 2 out for the weekly PU. At our Florida condo it’s a dumpster and 3 roll around recycle bins next to them. We are still good about it even though it requires actually walking out there. I’m still amazed to see cans and other recycles in the dumpster two feet away. I will admit that Florida was slower to start recycling but it is catching on.

Oh and to stay on topic, if someone left Coors light cans at my house, since I would not drink one, I would recycle it and give thanks to beer delivery guys since they probably deliver some good beer.

1 Like

Our new serivice provides a rolling recycle bin that’s actually bigger than the trash bin. We usually have more recycling than trash too. I collect the plastic bags and films they won’t take and take them to grocery store for recucling.

As tot he OP, I saw this posted on FB earlier today. Pretty cool. I wonder if any of the psychologists called to talk down suicides have ever thought of just bringing a 12 pack along?

1 Like

They might want to have a better selection of beers. But you know saying how about we have a beer or a cup of coffee or whatever might be a good idea.

1 Like

They just made the return deposit in Oregon 10 cents this year! It’s great incentive to make people return recyclables. On the down side, a case of 40 water bottles cost us 4 dollars in deposit for the 2 dollars in water. I am not condoning buying plastic water bottles but its intersting when the deposit costs more than the product.

Remember Lynard Skynard? " well I used to wake in the morning, go searching for soda bottles to get my self some dough… Cash them in and give the money to a man named Curtis Sloane" Now I think it was a really big deal… Curtis got some drinking money, we got some fabulous music from them! Just my .02 cents on recycling!
I didn’t even hear of this, down the road a ways from here… Sneezles61

1 Like