SN will ship me 3-4 1/2 bbl. kegs. I hope to get the Stein to do an
event for tasting the beer. We used both American and German hops,
including a new experimental variety called only #366. I’ll be
writing more about it in the next few days, but here are some pics to
get you started.

http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/yy22 ... er%20Camp/

That’s awesome :slight_smile:

+eleventy
You must have been in heaven. It looks like you had the best hall pass. Thank you Denny for sharing. Any good tips?

Wow, that is cool.

I’m jealous. Nice to see the cans they’ll be putting my favorite Torpedo Ale in soon. I figured they would be past the testing stage already. I thought they were supposed to be shipping the 16oz Torpedo packs this month but I’m probably wrong.
I’m sure you had fun.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Cool! I’m licking on a Tumbler right now, pretty good Brown Ale. Where’d they put you up, malt room? Bottling room? Holiday Inn Express?

Denny - that is frickin’ sweet

A gal from my brew club went last year. I heard it was great, but thanks a lot for posting those pictures…it really puts it into perspective.
I’m sure you had a great time. Congrats on the trip.

Wow! Congrats, that looks like a great experience!

I wish I was there; that looks like a lot of fun.

That is amazing. What an experience! It’s wild how different it looks when I make beer in my backyard compared to what is happening in those pictures? Hundreds of millions of dollars in equipment??? Crazy!!! And to think how tiny a slice of cheese SN has on the overall market.

Looks like a blast!
Can’t wait to hear more about #366.

Thanks for sharing all the pics-really interesting.

[quote=“SolomonsCommune”]I’m jealous. Nice to see the cans they’ll be putting my favorite Torpedo Ale in soon. I figured they would be past the testing stage already. I thought they were supposed to be shipping the 16oz Torpedo packs this month but I’m probably wrong.
I’m sure you had fun.

Thanks for sharing the pics![/quote]

Local testing starts in the next month or so and they hope to ship nationwide by early next year.

“well it’s the second week of beer camp and all the boys are here!”

Wow! Thanks for letting us come along on the slideshow tour!! Really interesting!

So what will happen with the Alternate Ending?
Last year I got a couple 12 pacs of the Beer Camp beer, is that what this is?
It had 4 different kinds of beer inside, and was advertised as Beer Camp recipes.

:cheers:

[quote=“pinnah”]Wow! Thanks for letting us come along on the slideshow tour!! Really interesting!

So what will happen with the Alternate Ending?
Last year I got a couple 12 pacs of the Beer Camp beer, is that what this is?
It had 4 different kinds of beer inside, and was advertised as Beer Camp recipes.

:cheers: [/quote]

We hope our beer will end up in the Beer Camp mixpack. I think they’ll also serve it at the brewery. And they’re going to send each of us 3-4 1/2 bbl. kegs of it I’m told.

:shock: They are going to send you some? How cool is THAT!.
"Honey, you got a delivery from Chico… " :lol:

Yes the BeerCamp mixpack!
I wonder how many recipes they get from folks beer camping
and who decides what get inside that box?

[quote=“pinnah”]:shock: They are going to send you some? How cool is THAT!.
"Honey, you got a delivery from Chico… " :lol:

Yes the BeerCamp mixpack!
I wonder how many recipes they get from folks beer camping
and who decides what get inside that box?[/quote]

They do about 25 Beer Camps a year so there’s a lot to choose from. We made the only altbier to ever come out of Beer Camp, and only the second ever brewed at SN (the other was for Ken Grossman’s son’s wedding) so we hope we have a shot at the mixpack. We’ll see how the beer turns out!

Denny,

Had an absolute awesome time with you and the others at our camp. Loved looking at your pictures as well. I am still so giddy about the whole experience and the incredible hospitality shown by the brewery. Long Live Sierra Nevada!!! Cant wait for the beer to be complete.

Mike M

Loveland, Colorado