Batch 100

Took just under 5 years, but getting ready to brew batch #100! Started out with a 1.100 imperial stout fermented at 80 degrees with one pack of US-05. Tasted like roasted carburetor cleaner. YUM! #100 will be an Old ale with a little french oak, and in between its been:

15 IPAs
11 Stouts
8 Irish Reds
7 Ambers
7 Porters
6 Browns
5 Sours
5 ESB
5 Barleywine
4 Belgian Dark Strong
4 Wee Heavy
4 Saison
4 Alt
4 Cream Ale
4 Mead
6 Other

Along the way there’s been 2 total dumpers, 5 or 6 that sucked but were drunk to completion anyway as some sort of self-flagellation, 2 or 3 exploding fermenters, 2 kids, 50 missed swimming/gymnastics/soccer classes cause the wife schedules that shit on saturday mornings even though I’ve told her a million times ‘SATURDAY IS BREW DAY’, and 1 Thanksgiving accident that left 5 gallons of stout on the floor and my daughter with a broken collar bone.

Looking forward to the next 100!

Congrats! IIRC, I brewed a 1.100 version of my Rye IPA for my 100th. Did a quad for my 400th. Closing in on 500 and I have no idea what it will be!

That’s awesome! Congrats! I’m closing in on my 50th. Not sure what it will be…

Well, I brewed my 7th a few days ago - looking forward to my next 93. :slight_smile:

Sticking to my current schedule- about 16 batches a year, it’ll be another 25 years before I hit 500! Here’s hoping the 'ol liver can hang on that long.

Congrats! :cheers:

Congrats, doing brew 3 this weekend, so 97 more to go. So far my first is like yours fermented hot and not sure bottle conditioning will help. Hopefully my other 99 are like yours.

Congrats! I hit brew session #100 about a year ago, though I didn’t realize it at the time and thus didn’t plan anything special. Took me 10 years to get to that.

Very nice … Well, curiosity got the best of me so I went and looked up my Batch 100. It was 9/9/2006 and it was Denny’s BVIP. My next batch will be #662 :shock:

good going with your 100 batches and all the drama that comes with it. myself I’m on #52. think I will call it a brown bomber.

Sticking to my current schedule- about 16 batches a year, it’ll be another 25 years before I hit 500! Here’s hoping the 'ol liver can hang on that long.[/quote]

As I always say “You only have one liver…destroy it wisely”.