Banned by HBT?

Protip: Using the smiles can make the most offensive posts seem cute.
Douche. :mrgreen:
:cheers:
see what I mean? it’s cute and funny.

And when someone calls you juvenile the only proper response is:
I know you are, but what am I? :stuck_out_tongue:
Note the use of smilies again.

In all seriousness, if it was not your intent to offend, but offense was taken; then why not explain that in an apology. It may not un-ban you, but when someone calls you juvenile the best response really is to show them you can act like an adult.

The worst response to being called juvenile is “If you think I’M juvenile you should see my kids!” – That’s how I interpreted the quote. I was laughing out loud, but I’m not 100% convinced you intended the irony.

[quote=“JMcK”]Protip: Using the smiles can make the most offensive posts seem cute.
Douche. :mrgreen:
see what I mean? it’s cute and funny.

And when someone calls you juvenile the only proper response is:
I know you are, but what am I? :stuck_out_tongue:
Note the use of smilies again.

In all seriousness, if it was not your intent to offend, but offense was taken; then why not explain that in an apology. It may not un-ban you, but when someone calls you juvenile the best response really is to show them you can act like an adult.

The worst response to being called juvenile is “If you think I’M juvenile you should see my kids!” – That’s how I interpreted the quote. I was laughing out loud, but I’m not 100% convinced you intended the irony.[/quote]

I hate emoji’s but after this experience i can see why i may start using them on forums.
I don;t think an apology is going to fix much over at HBT. I created a new screen name with a different email so i could confirm my suspicions, but did not change my ip address, they got a tad bit cranky when i did that. Yes i’m a dumbass.
Not the intent to throw my kids under the bus, just was giving some background on the use of party pooper at my house. IE me" take the trash out" Kids “party pooper” or kids" Dad I need money to go to the movies" me "party pooper.

Thanks for the suggestions asshat :slight_smile: (seriously that asshat was a joke)

[quote=“christopherrburns”]
Thanks for the suggestions asshat :slight_smile: (seriously that asshat was a joke)[/quote]

Geez, what a bunch of asshats and douchnozzles in here lately. It’s getting to be as bad as HBT. :o

:smiley:

[quote=“Ken Lenard”]Geez, what a bunch of asshats and douchnozzles in here lately. It’s getting to be as bad as HBT. :o

:smiley:

:cheers: [/quote]

Geez, with this language you’d think it was the BN forum. Ha!!

Whoa, whoa, bro. Ease up.

Technically, you could probably get around that using a VPN.

I could care less that this person was banned from HBT.

Why come on this forum and whine about?

If it walks like a duck…

Also know that this forum used to have a “general” topic area that many other boards call a “Public House” or whatever (was it called Brewhaha?). Evidently the people who participated in the conversations in that sub-forum did enough to make the mods remove that area from the board altogether. I’m not saying that was right or wrong but it suggests that they don’t take a lot of BS here. Just sayin’. :expressionless:

I hate BS. I love this forum.

So let’s get this straight. You get banned from another beer forum then come here and taunt the moderators for no apparent reason. I am seeing a trend here.

It is a homebrew forum. Be nice, talk about beer and there will be not a thing to worry about.

+1

[quote=“HD4Mark”]So let’s get this straight. You get banned from another beer forum then come here and taunt the moderators for no apparent reason. I am seeing a trend here.

It is a homebrew forum. Be nice, talk about beer and there will be not a thing to worry about.[/quote]

I was making a joke as well as making light of a misunderstanding that happened on HBT. I sincerely doubt that any of the moderators took offense, I think anyone with a sense of humor got what i was shooting for. I’m well aware it’s a homebrew forum and intend to keep the majority of posts related to beer.

[quote=“christopherrburns”][quote=“HD4Mark”]So let’s get this straight. You get banned from another beer forum then come here and taunt the moderators for no apparent reason. I am seeing a trend here.

It is a homebrew forum. Be nice, talk about beer and there will be not a thing to worry about.[/quote]

I was making a joke as well as making light of a misunderstanding that happened on HBT. I sincerely doubt that any of the moderators took offense, I think anyone with a sense of humor got what i was shooting for. I’m well aware it’s a homebrew forum and intend to keep the majority of posts related to beer.[/quote]I am a moderator here and have no problem with a joke but I have seen these things spiral out of control and just wanted to stop that from happening. Enjoy the forum, sorry you got banned from HBT.

[quote=“christopherrburns”][quote=“HD4Mark”]So let’s get this straight. You get banned from another beer forum then come here and taunt the moderators for no apparent reason. I am seeing a trend here.

I got what i was shooting for. I’m well aware it’s a homebrew forum and intend to keep the majority of posts related to beer.[/quote]

Keep it ALL related to beer or go away. Really.
I’m fully aware of you and I’ll keep it that way.

[quote=“HD4Mark”][quote=“christopherrburns”][quote=“HD4Mark”]So let’s get this straight. You get banned from another beer forum then come here and taunt the moderators for no apparent reason. I am seeing a trend here.

I was making a joke as well as making light of a misunderstanding that happened on HBT. I sincerely doubt that any of the moderators took offense, I think anyone with a sense of humor got what i was shooting for. I’m well aware it’s a homebrew forum and intend to keep the majority of posts related to beer.[/quote]I am a moderator here and have no problem with a joke but I have seen these things spiral out of control and just wanted to stop that from happening. Enjoy the forum, sorry you got banned from HBT.[/quote]

Thanks. The issue at HBT was more of a misunderstanding on both parts more then anything else. I had a pretty good history of playing nice and making good trades. Plenty of other forums out there on the interwebs that have a bit more understanding then HBT.

[quote=“wallybeer”][quote=“christopherrburns”][quote=“HD4Mark”]So let’s get this straight. You get banned from another beer forum then come here and taunt the moderators for no apparent reason. I am seeing a trend here.

I got what i was shooting for. I’m well aware it’s a homebrew forum and intend to keep the majority of posts related to beer.[/quote]

Keep it ALL related to beer or go away. Really.
I’m fully aware of you and I’ll keep it that way.[/quote]
Are you all done now? i dont think ive done anything to antagonize anyone here and would appreciate the same courtesy. Was in no way whining I just thought it was amusing, and have admitted that it was a misunderstanding on BOTH parts. Not sure how I managed to get so infamous over a single issue over at the other forum. Sort of silly if you ask me.

So, whats your favorite beer style? You brew AG or extract?

Seems very silly to come wining on this board that you were banned on another. :roll:

All grain brewer for about a year and a half, Typically like Hoppy beers, but have been finding myself draw into Belgium and some sours. Had a barrel aged Belgium sour at Harrier island brewing in Minneapolis that was extremely good.