Banana flavor from starter?

Greetings;
I understand fermenting yeast at warmer temps will cause a banana flavor. If I make a yeast starter a few days early at room temp (in the summer that’s 85 to 95deg F) will that create a banana flavor that will carry through to my wort and final beer flavor?

Thanks

if it does you can always toss it in the fridge, let the yeast settle and then decant off the bad smelling beer. Honestly though if it is a small starter I’m not sure it will impact it much depending on the beer style.

[quote=“DrunkenYankee”]Greetings;
I understand fermenting yeast at warmer temps will cause a banana flavor. If I make a yeast starter a few days early at room temp (in the summer that’s 85 to 95deg F) will that create a banana flavor that will carry through to my wort and final beer flavor?

Thanks[/quote]

I thought banana flavors only came from german hefewiezen yeasts.
Yeast happily grows at temperatures that would make lousy beer, so let the starter settle and dump off as much of the liquid as you can before pitching.

[quote=“Rookie L A”]

I thought banana flavors only came from german hefewiezen yeasts…[/quote]

I’ve got an IPA going that I used Wyeast 1272 which is an American Ale yeast. In the primary it had a real strong banana flavor after the first week. A week later in the secondary you can still smell it a bit but the off flavor had diminished.

[quote=“DrunkenYankee”][quote=“Rookie L A”]

I thought banana flavors only came from german hefewiezen yeasts…[/quote]

I’ve got an IPA going that I used Wyeast 1272 which is an American Ale yeast. In the primary it had a real strong banana flavor after the first week. A week later in the secondary you can still smell it a bit but the off flavor had diminished.[/quote]

Weird. I brewed a blonde ale early this year using 1272 and got zero banana. The brew room temperature was 62.

[quote=“Rookie L A”]
Weird. I brewed a blonde ale early this year using 1272 and got zero banana. The brew room temperature was 62.[/quote]

Ya well being warmer here in the summer, It could have been the the temp (most likely) or under pitched the yeast.

Good link btw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkwp_2Yezo at 15:40 he talks about banana flavor.