Bacon smoked ale?

+1. Cook some bacon and drink a beer.[/quote]

I prefer beer flavored beer myself.

I’m doing a “iron brew” this year with a bunch friends, this years ingredient is bacon. I was thinking of doimg a scotch ale with a little smoke malt and taking 1 gallon of it and adding bacon. I learned my lesson about making a full batch last year, I still have 10 bombers of this way too spicy pepper beer that hurts your stomach if you drink more than a few 1/2 a beer.

[quote=“kcbeersnob”]This easily falls into the category “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk[/quote]

That probably went out the door when I picked up the chipotle smoked porter :twisted:

ME TOO!
Just when did that concept go out of style??
Hell…I don’t even like spices in my beer!

The fact that there is bacon extract allows you to brew it without the bacon extract and experiment at the dispensing stage… But, I agree cook the bacon and eat it with the beer.

[quote=“JMcK”]Rogue made a maple bacon. It came in a pepto bismol pink bottle. The experience went downhill from there.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/132/72720/[/quote]

I have tasted this. It is a red hot mess! I love beer and I love bacon, but this stuff is best suited for clearing drains or chasing off unwanted in-laws. I won’t drink it ever again, however, I will keep a bottle or two on hand in case my brother in law shows up!