Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Autumn Amber Ale

Hey everyone. I just brewed up the Autumn Amber Ale extract kit from Midwest last night. I’m currently fermenting it at 62-64 degrees and it already started bubbling last night. Have any others made this one before? Do you recommend transferring to a secondary? If not do you think two weeks will be long enough before bottling? (As long as I check and the gravity is the same a couple days in a row)

Thanks
:cheers:

If I am thinking right, most people will say a secondary isn’t really necessary. You can just leave it in the primary and go right to bottling.

As far as time is concerned, take specific gravity measurements to determine when fermentation is truly done.

Leave it in the primary.

After two weeks in the low sixties, warm it up to the low seventies to finish for a week or so until the F.G. comes into expected range.

If you are using US-05 or WY 1056 as your yeast I would suggest bumping the wort temperature up to 66° to 67°F. US-05 throws peach flavors below 65°.

I’ve never had those flavors with 1056 and I always ferment at 62.

I actually used the Munton and Fison Ale Dry Yeast. Is this ok? Do I need to bump up the temperature? Right now its between 64-68

Thanks

And Im basing the temperature off of the temp shown on the bucket. I understand it is probably warmer inside

[quote=“KevinTroj”]I actually used the Munton and Fison Ale Dry Yeast. Is this ok? Do I need to bump up the temperature? Right now its between 64-68

Thanks[/quote]

If I am looking at the same yeast, it shows optimum temp is 57-77 degrees, so you’re fine.

You’d be surprised. The stick on thermometers on the side of a bucket/carboy are very accurate. I have one on the side of my plastic Big Mouth Bubbler along with a thermowell which is sitting in the beer itself, they read the same temp. Where people get confused is when they think sitting their bucket in a 68 degree room means they are fermenting at 68.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com