At .032 will it be beer

Threw it in the fermenter anyway to see what happens. Probably take a taste and dump it.

.032? Was it in gaseous form? If it was 1.032, that alone won’t mean it’s undrinkable. You need to share the recipe and whether you were expecting a higher OG, etc. I’m going to be exploring some low alcohol brews soon, inspired by this thread:

If the recipe was good, it might make for an interesting brew. Then again, maybe you’ll dump it. :blah:

It was my first attempt at all grain. My digital thermometer was off 15deg so were my mash and sparge temps. Way to cold. I’m assuming that’s what it was.Anyway some say I should have added some DME when I boiled. But I didn’t hoping the gravity would increase from the boil. Could have boiled longer or maybe sparged less. It was supposed to be an IPA so it probably has way to much hops. I never sparged before. My wife came out when I was sparging and said you should stop its running clear. Hate to say it but I should have listened. Was thinking about throwing in some sugar after fermentation slows down. What do you think?

[quote=“Mabus”].032? Was it in gaseous form? If it was 1.032, that alone won’t mean it’s undrinkable. You need to share the recipe and whether you were expecting a higher OG, etc. I’m going to be exploring some low alcohol brews soon, inspired by this thread:

If the recipe was good, it might make for an interesting brew. Then again, maybe you’ll dump it. :blah: [/quote]
I checked out that thread. Interesting. Maybe I should see if it tastes great or less filling.

[quote=“Mabus”].032? Was it in gaseous form? If it was 1.032, that alone won’t mean it’s undrinkable. You need to share the recipe and whether you were expecting a higher OG, etc. I’m going to be exploring some low alcohol brews soon, inspired by this thread:

If the recipe was good, it might make for an interesting brew. Then again, maybe you’ll dump it. :blah: [/quote]
I checked out that thread. Interesting. Maybe I should see if it tastes great or less filling.

I decide to get a lb of DME hydrate it and pour it through a funnel and see what happens. It’s bubbling like crazy today. Ill wait till it slows down. What do you think?

Did you boil the DME first I hope?

Yes I plan on bringing it to a boil then cool it to fermentation temp and pitch it. Does that sound right? I want to wait until fermentation slows down. It’s 48+ hours since I pitched the yeast and its still bubbling at a pretty good rate.