Apology to Wil Wheaton

I felt bad about what transpired over the last day or so and sent an apology to Wil via email. Hope you guys don’t mind my speaking on everyone’s behalf.

[quote]Wil-

Just wanted to apologize on behalf of the NB Forum. The thread title and OP definitely doesn't represent all of us. We're a bunch of helpful, supportive and passionate homebrewers. Some of us are fans of your professional work, (myself included), and the vast majority of us are glad you're partnering with NB and wish you success.

Brew on!
-Vaughn Newman
[/quote]

+1

Well said. I never liked nor disliked him, but since getting into the Big Bang Theory, I’ve grown to like his acting. He doesn’t mind poking a little fun at himself and he’s a brewer. Both pluses in my book!

+1

Nice gesture!

I haven’t thought about Wil since TNG. I have to admit I’ve read a bit of his brewing and personal blogs since the infamous thread started and he seems like a genuinely good guy.

While not home brew related, I mentioned on the other thread the Board Game youtube videos.

If you do happen to wonder onto this thread, I have to say I have really enjoyed the videos. They are entertaining, well done, and before I shell out $40 + for some games I always make it a point to see if you have done a video on the game. For many i own I have watched as well to make sure I am following the right rules etc.

Plus I am eternally jealous of the table you have.

I’ve liked him in Stand By Me, Star Trek:TNG and most recently in The Big Bang Theory. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and a dedicated homebrewer.

They aren’t cheap but you can buy them. http://geekchichq.com/

Check out The Sultan. Price starts at $12,000 and has options that can put it up to $16,000.

Sorry off-topic :slight_smile: I’ve just dreamt of owning one since I started in the gaming hobby many years ago.

To Wil, if you do decide to drop a line to our community, we really are (mostly) nice and supportive people. Geeks for life!

wow, $12k? I guess I am stuck with the 2nd kitchen table I have down in my bar room ha ha

I’ll check out the link none the less.

Such bizarre hate going around on that thread. Its not like Kanye West, or another polarizing figure has announced he loves homebrewing. I can see why Mr. Wheaton would be creeped out. Gotta love Gordy LeChance.

I’ll be honest: I got that NB email and didn’t know who he was. That might say something about me but either way, I don’t like him or dislike him… I don’t know anything about him.

WTF is Kanye West? :twisted:

WTF is Kanye West? :twisted: [/quote]

Google “douchebag”

:cheers:

Google “douchebag”

:cheers: [/quote]

I think that’s douchenozzle. :cheers:

Let’s be honest… “douche” should get the job done.

Wil Wheaton is the s**t. Come on how many public figures are into homebrewing? Sure he gets gravy benefits a normal homebrewer would never be afforded due to his status but who cares. He’s crazy active on his twitter and my girlfriend has spoken with him about homebrewing on multiple occasions. Just nice to see he’s still relatively down to Earth.

Will is awesome! How could you not like the guy. He is a brewer and on the Big Bang, both pluses

Big fan of Wil’s.

Picked up The Resistance because of him. Also, watching 7of9 on his show made me want to buy Star Trek Catan. Maybe I still will.
Pretty cool that he brews too.

Let’s be honest… “douche” should get the job done.

Google “douchebag”