Anything going on this week?

Last Wednesday kegged 10gal cream ale. Monday brewed 5gal wheat beer. Today kegged 10gal APA. Got 10gal of IPL lagering/drinking and 10gal OFest lagering for September. I still have 2.5 gal of saison bottled from a year or so ago and a bock that I’m drinking. I’m pretty happy in love right now!

Moving BDSA to secondary for some aging…brewing an iPa involving some Nelson Sauvin and australian galaxy.

Brewing session al done yesterday now wait for fermenting should be ready to start soon a krausen going on og 1.056

Doing 10 gallons of Make My Day IPA. New recipe mostly Citra, nugget and chinook for the early additions.

About to mash in on a galaxy/nelson sauvin ipa.

Just pitched the yeast on a Belgian blond. Wort tasted great.

Cheers,

Ron

Bumping this thread for the upcoming holiday weekend…brewing house hefeweizen round 6, with only some slight changes(slight increase in grainbill and a small amount of citric acid added to sparge water).

Also getting ready for another NEDIPA v3(aka 8%abv “chick beer”). Loading up on hops as LHBS got in a big shipment, and C hops and CTZ have been hard to come by recently.

I put my two entries in for the Minnesota State Fair Home Brew Competition in mid-August. So the fermenters are full this weekend.

1 Like

Bottling a batch of orange gose tomorrow, and will brew something before the weekend is over. Have my choice of a honey kolsch, breakfast stout, or a saison . Probably do the saison.

Cheers.

Ron

3 Likes

Brewed the saison. Hit all the numbers, pretty standard session. I’m lucky, my well water is about 55* out of the hose even while it’s 95 outside, so chilling is a breeze.

My test plastic bottle for the gose is already tightly expanded after 2 days. Cool.

Cheers,

Ron

Brewed 11 gallons american wheat today.

Fruit Beer! Fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries) is in-season at the Minneapolis & St Paul farmers markets. I split a gallon batch of brown ale in secondary - dry hop (citra) in the 1st half, raspberries in the other half.

We were out of town this weekend visiting the in-laws so the kids could hang with the cousins for the Holiday weekend so this week, I get to play catch up. Tomorrow I’ll start my starter for the Northy 12 kit I decided to try for Christmas that I’ll brew either Saturday or Sunday. I also need to transfer Kiwi Express and Waldo Lake Amber to kegs before Saturday to free up a Carboy.

:beers:
Rad

Finally got to tap the Wookey Jack clone over the weekend and it turned out pretty good. May get better in the next few weeks! Brewed an all citra PA on Sunday and added 1 oz grapefruit peel to end of boil just for :poop: and giggles. Pitched a quart jar that was about half full of 001 slurry and its chugging away nicely. 1st time reusing yeast and so far so good i guess. Needed to get a nice session beer ready for the fantasy drafts that are right around the corner. :football:

1 Like

Spent the holiday emptying kegs

1 Like

Probably bottle 5 gallons of NB’s Petite Saison and American Amber Ale on Thursday if the SG samples are clear. Friday smoke 4 racks of St. Louis style ribs. Will be rainy so lawn mowing won’t be in the schedule.

I have some saved bacon fat in the frig. Not much hickory flavor so it will be going in the smoker with the ribs.

Just put the bread in the oven.

1 Like

Just started filling the pool aka chilling the wort. Making some wits or trying anyway

Getting the yeast ready for an Amber Pale Ale. Brew day will most likely be Wednesday. Base recipe is NB’s American Amber Ale.

Boil volume 2.5 gal
0.5 lbs caramel 40L Steeped 165°F 20 min
3.15 lbs amber LME 60 min (60 minutes to achieve color)
3.15 lbs amber LME 15 min
0.5 lbs extra light DME 15 min

1 oz Centennial 8.7% 60 min
2 oz Cascade 4.8% 20 min
1 oz Cascade 4.8%1 min

Yeast harvested WY 1056
Estimated FG 1.006

Comments on the recipe are welcomed.

1 Like

Brewing a batch of spiced winter ale to bottle age for 3-6 months. The recipe uses mulling spices in secondary so I’ll split the batch (in secondary) with two different amounts of spices.

Brewed up another 10 gallons of “Make my Day IPA” it’s a citra New England style IPA which I brew for my friends ,they bought me a sack of 2 row and a couple pounds of citra so I’m kind of indebted. Of the last 50, 30 have been this beer.

1 Like