Back to Shopping at

Anyone see caps like this before?

I opened up a 750 of French beer last night, and the inside of the cap had a plastic liner that kind of stuck into the bottle… Anyone see anything like this for homebrewer? Looks like it would seal really nicely.

Fascinating Jim… Now if I could find star trek emoji’s! I’ll bet that creates a great seal… Try looking around the Internet yet to find this? Sneezles61

Looks like a cap that would keep a good seal for beers to be aged.

1 Like

Those are standard champagne caps used during aging and conditioning, removed before disgorging. The plastic liner is called a bidule. I’ve had a couple hill farmstead bottles that used these. And they do seal and keep out oxygen really well.

Back to Shopping at