Anyone know what's going on here in this pic?

Okay this is a Irish Red ale I made it is about 3 gallons and it has been sitting in primary for 6 weeks and yesterday i transferred it to secondary. I noticed that after i transferred it it began making this lighter color sedimentation with stingy look. This only occurred at the top when the starsan bubbles were, I am not blaming the starsan but i merely saw that the bubble made a pattern on the stringy sedimentation. I am not worried about infection or saying that it is but can anyone tell me what is going on? It does not look like protein strands. If it helps i used 1 Tablespoon of irish moss, Wyeast 1084, and this is a NB kit. I have made NB’s Irish Red ale kit before but when i racked to secondary it didn’t have this. Can anybody tell me what’s going on, as far as i am concerned I am saying it is just the yeast settling. Not worried just think that this is cool.

I’m not even sure what I’m looking at here (other than an extreme close-up of your carboy).

In the future, I’d skip the racking to the secondary step — it’s not really necessary, can lead to the oxidation of your beer if you’re not careful, and frankly is just more work than you need to do. You’re already using Irish Moss during the last 15 minutes of your boil for clarity, maybe consider adding Clarity Ferm in the carboy (when chilled and before yeast pitching) if you really need clear beer.

I used to rack to secondary all the time and generally didn’t get sediment on top unless I inadvertently kicked up another brief fermentation, but that’s generally not been the case. I’ve never had floating sediment, only sediment at the bottom of the carboy.

I think your beer will be fine if you were extra careful about cleaning everything that your chilled wort comes into contact with. Fermenting wort can look odd

now and then. Maybe in the future try letting it go through its initial fermentation for the two weeks (for normal gravity beers, longer for higher gravity beers) and then go straight to bottling, letting the bottles rest at the remaining time that you’d normally allow for conditioning in the secondary as prescribed in the recipes from Northern Brewer.