Anyone else have this problem?

My heart was broken on Sunday when tap #4 started spewing yeast and foam. My favorite batch to date had gone way before its time. I loved that beer!

I told my wife that for the first time I would re-brew the recipe exactly the same. What did I do when I opened the recipe in Beersmith? Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if I replace some of the Citra with…

I’m with you man. I find the temptation to tinker absolutely irresistible.

[quote=“Pietro”]Something someone else alluded to was actually exploring the styles via homebrewing. Other than when I was in England, I don’t really recall having many commercial ‘best bitters’ (other than Coniston Blue Bird, which is $%#@ing awesome), but my brewing it really got me to dig the style, and I could frankly see it being one of my ‘house brews’ down the line.

I guess my point is, if I’ve never had a schwarzbier (I haven’t other than the flawed one on my BJCP exam…), BREWING it (then drinking/evaluating it) is a great way to learn about it![/quote]
And that’s another reason why we homebrew.

Do this. You’ll be glad you did. A few years ago I made it a point to rebrew EXACTLY the same recipe three brew sessions in a row. Got pretty tired of drinking Belgian Wit that year, but my skills improved immensely.

These days about half my brews are new, never brewed before recipes, while the other half are rebrews or rebrews with small tweaks.

I should probably do that some day. I don’t drink enough and tend to be a flavor of the week kind of guy. Even with styles I like, I tend to be “good” after about 2 cases of a given variety.

I’m planning on brewing 2 Belgian IPAs this spring/summer, which is the first time I’ve really done this. I have some White Labs Trapist I’ll use on the 1st batch (since it expires soon-ish). Then I’ll brew a batch this summer with the new dry Saison yeast.

I may also brew Saison de Noel this summer and add lacto or brett to one batch.