Anyone brewing today/this weekend?

Heating the mash water for a saison.

Grist is 2-row, Caravienne, and cane sugar to an OG of ~1.070. Magnum for bittering and Kent Goldings for flavor/aroma. Wyeast 3726 Farmhouse Ale for the yeast.

Anyone else firing up their kettle today/this weekend?

Bklmt2000

Ready to start the boil for my Union Jack Recipe from CYBI.

Sitting here watching the news, drinking coffee, reading the paper and trying to decide if I should brew up a lager or two today, or just be lazy…
Could do an oktoberfest, pilsner, maybe try “homerun red”. I will see if I can raise my ambition level in the next hour or so and get something accomplished today.

Just doughed in for 22 gallons of Falconer’s Flight PA. It seems like I have brewed almost every weekend this year. If so, then I am close to the legal limit for the year. :oops:

[quote=“Braufessor”]Sitting here watching the news, drinking coffee, reading the paper and trying to decide if I should brew up a lager or two today, or just be lazy…
Could do an oktoberfest, pilsner, maybe try “homerun red”. I will see if I can raise my ambition level in the next hour or so and get something accomplished today.[/quote]

If you do brew, try the Home Run Red (I’m assuming you mean Ken’s Home Run Red). If you haven’t tried it before, it’s a great recipe, one i’ve made several times and it’s always turned out well.

Some of my previously non-homebrew-inclined inlaws got their eyes opened to how good homebrew can be via Ken’s HRR (lager).

Just my opinion, please ignore as needed. :smiley:

Bklmt2000

Mashing my 5 #'s of two row to make my 3 gal of starter wort and then get it all pressure canned. After you get used to putting your flask of starter on the stir plate 5 minutes after you start making your starter there is no going back.

Muller - as long as you are “disposing of the evidence” - I think you should be safe:)

Bklmt2000 - Homerun red it is. Been wanting to try it for about 6 months, and just never got around to it. Just went down to the basement and took a quick inventory. I have everything I need for the recipe. Although, I will be using 2124 for yeast.

Braufessor,

Wyeast 2124 is the only yeast i’ve used in Ken’s HRR as a lager (5-6 times), and each has turned out great. If you wouldn’t mind, please post back (or PM me) with your results.

Bklmt2000

Will do - glad to hear that others have used the same yeast with success. Alright, time to get off the couch and brew some beer!

Legal limit? There is a limit?

will be bottling a brown ale and then Ill be brewing a RyePA with a couple of tweaks to the kit.

Brewed up a Brown Ale recipe I found online… my first non-kit brew! I hit the OG, but my IBU’s are about twice what I expected. Ah well, I’d rather err high than low on the hops.

Bottled up my Red Ale this morning…

Doing a Bohemian Pilsner for a friend tomorrow…

brewed an american wheat last night, and transferred an alt to secondary

This is what I ended up going with. Thought I had crystal 120 - but didn’t so subbed in some different grains to get close to same SRM- Almost done chilling and should be in the fermenter in 15 minutes.

Homerun red
Style: Unassigned OG: 1.057
Type: FG: 1.017
Rating: 0.0 ABV: 5.24 %
Calories: 188 IBU’s: 27.78
Efficiency: 75 % Boil Size: 7.13 Gal
Color: 16.6 SRM Batch Size: 6.25 Gal
Boil Time: 60 minutes

Fermentation Steps
Name Days / Temp
Primary 21 days @ 49.0°F
Lager 60 days @ 38.0°F

Grains & Adjuncts
Amount Percentage Name Time Gravity
9.00 lbs 61.73 % Rahr 2-Row 60 mins 1.035
1.25 lbs 8.57 % Vienna Malt 60 mins 1.036
1.00 lbs 6.86 % Rahr White Wheat 60 mins 1.038
0.50 lbs 3.43 % Special B Malt 60 mins 1.030
0.50 lbs 3.43 % Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L 60 mins 1.034
2.00 lbs 13.72 % Munich Malt 60 mins 1.037
0.25 lbs 1.71 % Carared 60 mins 1.035
0.08 lbs 0.55 % Carafa II 60 mins 1.032

Hops
Amount IBU’s Name Time AA %
1.20 ozs 15.34 Hallertauer 60 mins 4.80
1.20 ozs 11.79 Hallertauer 30 mins 4.80
1.20 ozs 0.66 Hallertauer 1 mins 4.80

Yeasts
Amount Name Laboratory / ID
1.0 pkg Bohemian Lager repitch jar Wyeast Labs 2124

I’m brewing a partial mash Amber.
made a recipe between the extract and all grain NB.

entered it all in beersmith, and they say I should get 1.051 with what I have.

I’ve made several PM now, and only problem is that I feel I must add extra DME to make sure I hit the OG.
and then sometime I go over!
oh well.

maybe I’ll trust this one, or just add 1/4-1/2# DME
wouldn’t hurt to boost the OG a bit?

2.5 # 2-row
2# Munich malt
1# C60
mash 153* 1 hour, then 10 min in 170*
3# amber LME at 15 min
1.5 oz cascade at 60
1 oz at 1 min
US 05 dry yeast

the best thing, though, is this SWIPA I am drinking, just 9 days bottled… it’s yummy!

Just finished a brown ale. glad im done, one of those bad brew days.
Nothing bad to the beer, just forget a few things and made it drag out longer than it should took me over 5 hr for an AG batch today

Yesterday I made a Czech Lager in preparation for warmer weather. Best Malz Pils, Vienna, some CaraFoam, Hallertau & Tettnanger to bitter and late additions of Saaz along wth 2278 Czech lager yeast. SRM 3, IBU 28, ABV about 5%. 75% of the water was RO. Cheers.

Keggin’ a Grateful Dead guy, and Dry Dock’s Breakwater, and brewing up an Evil Twin… Me thinks I’m needing some more kegs or thirstier friends!!!

Experimental Belgian IS yesterday.
10gal batch of IPA today. Spent the afternoon packing up beers for comps.