Anyone brew the Lakefront IBA extract kit?

I just purchased the Lakefront IBA extract kit w/S-05 and I am looking for reviews and comments on it.
I am thinking of dryhopping with extra 1 oz. Simcoe pellet.

Thanks in advance.

MaSheriff

I brewed it very early this year and really liked it. It had a bit of hop flavor by recipe, but added more could not hurt if you are a hop head.

I brewed this a few months ago and I misread the instructions. I didn’t boil for 30 minutes before adding hops, then continuing with the 60 min boil. It turned out ok. I like IBA’s, and the Lake is a favorite of mine next to the Tommyknockers Hopstrike. I will be doing this kit again, and following the instructions! I also dryhopped, 1 oz cascade & 1 oz centennial.

I have an ounce of simcoe pellets, so I am thinking of adding it @5 mins and dry hop the other 1/2 oz.

Some friends and I have made this a few times now and it was a really great beer. Some extra Simcoe couldn’t hurt though.

Random side note: the first time we did it we did all grain and it tasted and looked great. The second time we did it we did the extract which tasted great but somehow was brown instead of black. Not sure how that one happened but the third time was also an extract kit and it was the original black color we got the first time around. Guess we just had a random grain malfunction by the guys at the store who put the boxes together.

[quote=“mplsbrewer”]Some friends and I have made this a few times now and it was a really great beer. Some extra Simcoe couldn’t hurt though.

Random side note: the first time we did it we did all grain and it tasted and looked great. The second time we did it we did the extract which tasted great but somehow was brown instead of black. Not sure how that one happened but the third time was also an extract kit and it was the original black color we got the first time around. Guess we just had a random grain malfunction by the guys at the store who put the boxes together.[/quote]

Do you think it was a steeping issue on the grains? I decided to go with 2 ounces of simcoe.

Brewed the lakefront IBA today. I hit the OG on the mark and added an half ounce of simcoe pellet hops at 10 mins left in the boil. Brewpal is giving it 82 IBU.

Masheriff