Any one familiar with these kettles

https://www.amazon.com/Mophorn-Kettle-Stockpot-Stainless-Steel/dp/B07GCMYMDS/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmrnull_4?crid=2CPC9DC0JW5RU&keywords=brew+kettle+25+gallon&qid=1554375858&s=gateway&sprefix=brew+kettle+25&sr=8-4-fkmrnull. The price so cheap

Price 101 dollar includes free shipping in the usa

Looking at the reviews the metal itself is thin. I used a cheap stainless pot like this for years and it was fine but I do prefer my thick walled Megapot (triclad bottom means no scorching). I still use my other pot but only if I have to. I do not like thermometers that are built in.

My kettles are fine use megapot. Kettles from our host. Now my brew room almost ready. Did build a storage rack for my fermentors the carboys. Now me toying with the idea of building new. Brewsystem. Need new htl tank. Got the pumps. Valves. So thinking. Build a system like the spike system. Me toying with the idea. But on gas. No electic power. Cost to much here

I’d compare it to a regular kettle and ball valve you could install yourself. Looks like a decent deal though to me, especially for a HLT.

1 Like

Not a fan of the probe in the kettle… And if it is thin material, then scorching would be something to consider… My take, this is a great hobby, and I like great equipment to match… Going cheap would be like, well, buying a balloon for scuba tanks… Paradigm right there!! :joy: Sneezles61

1 Like

Was just looking around. Now the anal part in me. Got two megapot with the same logo in front. So need the same pot. So it looks like it comes from a brewing company. Today brew session. A friend of mine comes as well. He is a computor IT. He likes to build gizmos. Gonna ask if he can build me a controller. Temp. And turn pumps on. Got to convince my wife. Now. She says. You got a system. And it works fine. Mmmm. Me buy to many things. She says. Bye the way. Balloon vs scuba tank. Nice

2 Likes

I was hoping it’d complete the statement… :sunglasses: Sneezles61

1 Like