Any New Year's Brewing Taking Place?

Got a late start due to some other early morning Jan 1 activities but I’m now bringing to boil a batch of ESB. Eight pounds of Maris Otter, 1 lb of c40, FWH 1/2 oz EKG, 1 oz EKG to bitter and another 1/2 oz at 10 mins. I’ll ferment it with WLP02 London Ale since my LHBS didn’t have WY1968. Made a 1L starter last night just to revitalize the yeast.

Haven’t bewed an ESB in a while but it’s usually a pretty quick trip from grain to glass.

2 Likes

I planned to brew today but had to cancel because of a nasty bug we picked up over the holidays. Did manage to weigh out grains for three beers I intend to start the season with a maibock the resilience IPA and a chzec pilsner. Hopefully Thursday

1 Like

I’m kegging resilience today as well.

Just finishing up my brew day like you dannyboy got late start today slept in for a change. I split 12 gallon batch of Stout. 6 gallons is Cherry Rum Stout and other 6 gallons Banana Stout made with real Cherries and real Banana’s

2 Likes

No brewing for me. Football and beer all day. Next weekend should be brewing an ESB.

2 Likes

Me no brewing. But did transfer. A ipa to the secondary. And dryhop with galaxy. And transfer a pilsner to the keg. Proberly this sunday brew day

Alright. Got the maibock going.

1 Like

Did my first German Alt. Still bubbling frantically after 9 days. All grain speckled heifer this weekend.

1 Like

My blundered bock… up tomorrow.
I’m curious… Have any of you read through the BJCP? The whole thing? Sneezles61

2 Likes

Love the name!!

1 Like

Nope…I refer to it on recipes occasionally and have scanned a good bit but only focus on styles that I brew most.

Yes I have read and know it all but i don’t really follow the guide lines necessary. I think of it more as a reference for styles. If you brew every style to the guidelines where is your creativness and uniqueness that makes the beer your own.

I read the style guidelines and follow them the first time I brew a style. I don’t always brew to style though and I often dance outside the box

I was just reading… since I enjoy brewing, why not read some more about it? I’m not wanting to be corralled by the guide lines… curiosity… Sneezles61

I’ve read through it a couple times. I’m a lot like @brew_cat in that I try to stick to the style. At least get some idea what the style is shooting for but brew to how I want it.

1 Like

True Style always bends the rules. #1 definition of the word is to be distinctive. #3 definition of the word is a particular manner or technique by which something is done.

1 Like