Any favorite cream ale recipes out there?

[quote=“Legman”]This is the one I usually make. It doesn’t last long!

(11 gallon batch)
OG 1.044 IBU 17.7

8.5 lb 2-Row
4.0 lb Vienna Malt
3.0 lb Flaked Corn
1.5 lb Crystal Malt 10L
1.75 oz Cluster - added during boil, boiled 60 min
1.5 oz Mt. Hood or Hallertau - added during boil, boiled 5 min

Fermentis US-05[/quote]

I plugged this is on BeerCalculus and came up with a potential 9.5% beer… are the vienna malts intended to be ounces?

Edit: Strike that whole comment. My GF just pointed out that it was for an 11 gallon batch. Thank god for better halves.

I’m really enjoying this one after work! The nutty flavor of the brown rice comes through nicely.

5lb 2-row
2lb steamed brown rice
1 lb stone ground corn grits, cooked

mash at 150

.6 oz magnum 60 min
.5 oz sterling 0 min

WY 1450 fermented at 62

Better keep her around on brewday. She may prove to be good at keeping you in line. :wink:

FYI I believe that the NB CA kit already has honey malt in it. Ive made it several times and I always detect the taste of honey. If you add more to that kit, I wouldn’t go over a half pound or so.

:cheers:

Just my 2-cents

6 lbs of 2 row
3.25 lbs pilsen
.5 lbs flaked maize
.5 lbs flaked rice
1 oz willamette at 30 min.
1 oz willamette at 5 min.
1 whirlfloc at 15 min.

Mash at 152 for 75 minutes
Boil 90 minutes

US-05
Ferment at 68

Better keep her around on brewday. She may prove to be good at keeping you in line. :wink: [/quote]

I plan on keeping her around for good :slight_smile:

This one is pretty good, just don’t tell anyone what’s in it. They never can guess.

Looks like popcorn. Though I can’t imagine why.

[quote=“Norman”]Looks like popcorn. Though I can’t imagine why.[/quote]It serves the same purpose as flaked corn. I’ve done it myself a time or two…and it’s just plain fun to use it! :wink:

What about the residual oils in the popped corn? Does that carry over to the glass eventually? Assuming the stuff is being popped at home.

No oils, it works fine. I hot air pop it but a microwave could work too. It’s just torrified maize. Here is one in the glass just over two weeks from brewing.

This may be a little off topic… I added about 6 oz of C40 to the NB cream ale all-grain kit, bittered w/ Centennial to about 20 IBUS and finished w/ a 10 min addition of 1 oz Cascade (25 IBUs total) and came out with a DELICIOUS blonde with the biscuit/honey thing in the NB cream ale grain bill. Inspired by the Centennial Blonde never-ending thread on HBTalk forums. Recommended!

:cheers:

This is nothing radical but it was a great beer. Basically NB’s Cream Ale with different hops. I’ll be brewing this again when the summer heat begins to pass.

SUNSHINE BAR-B-QUE

STYLE:
CREAM ALE

GRAINS:
NB CREAM ALE KIT
7LBS 2 ROW
.75 HONEY MALT
.25 BISCUIT

HOPS ARE:
1 OZ CENTENNIAL 60 MINS
1 OZ CASCADE 1 MINS

YEAST US05