And That's Why THIS Forum is Home

There’s a lot of great information on HomeBrewTalk.com, but the one thing that KILLS me is the User Interface.

So in the feedback section of the forum. I posted a very polite thread asking if the developers had considered making UI changes to improve usability. TxBrew responded to the thread asking for some specific examples. So I politely replied with five ideas.

Then he just deletes my thread. Now I can totally understand why a Moderator would do that if I was being a jerk or trolling. But I was merely offering some honest feedback.

I sent a PM to TxBrew asking why my thread was deleted and have yet to receive a response.

Don’t ask for feedback if you’re not prepared to receive it. Sheesh

You’re not the only one

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115618

Ok, back-pedaling…

The Admin PM-d me and apologized. Just moved my thread.

[quote=“Chris-P”]Ok, back-pedaling…

The Admin PM-d me and apologized. Just moved my thread.[/quote]And that’s why you should wait until you’re certain of the outcome before griping about something! :wink:

The way I look at it, these forums are created operated and owned by private individuals. They can do whatever they want with it, theres no guarantee of democracy or really any need for it. That siad, I haven’t seen much censorship on that forum, or this one.

[quote=“tom sawyer”]That siad, I haven’t seen much censorship on that forum, or this one.[/quote]I think over here, most members self-censor to avoid certain topics.

Or should self-sensor… one thing that bothers me is people asking the same question over and over. If you put 2 minutes of effort here you can find answers to the 'easier’questions. Are we becoming that lazy?

I’m very picky about forums. Something about the interw3b turns adult males into jerks sometimes. This forum is VERY good.

:cheers:

I’ve checked out several different forums over the past year. The folks here are polite and helpful. There’s very little of the “dumbass” type comments. Politeness is important in my book.

This forum has been the basis for most of my learning about brewing. I like it and the AHA Forum for best of the ones I have looked at. There is always a chance that a comment will upset someone, but like all of texting, emailing, etc… think before you send! Glad to hear that the mod got back to you about the move of the thread or response. Keep up the conversation, regardless of the simple questions. I know a little research would keep the simple questions from recurring, but I really don’t mind answering them or dropping the thread link to the person asking.

:cheers:

It’s really too bad Al Gore hasn’t perfected the internet in a way that we can share our beers yet.

mod abuse!

This forum is very polite, its changed its personality a little over the years. a couple years ago there seemed to be a little more joking around and sense of friendship but many have drifted away from the forum. But this forum has always been a place you could come and not have to worry about ridicule and get solid advice.

I completely agree. The friendly demeanor and willingness to help out a newb is what drew me to the great people on this board.

True, but sometimes new answers or opinions become available and may not be posted unless somebody is too lazy to search for the previous answer.

True, but sometimes new answers or opinions become available and may not be posted unless somebody is too lazy to search for the previous answer.[/quote]

I actually really like the repetitive questions. I think it creates a constant way for people to enter the community by asking a basic question and getting a good response and then coming back for more. Once that person feels confident enough in their understanding they can start answering those basic questions. Once they get bored of answer said question, they can stop clicking on that thread and some other newish member can answer it. It’s a bit of a cycle.

I like both of the forums.