Anarchy IPA--dry hopped it, but is it ready?

Mates:
Question from a newbie. 7 days ago I dry hopped this recipe ( both this recipe and its 3 hop additions new to me) and there is still at least 1/2 in of a thick hop “cap” at the top. Do I wait for it to fall, help it along, or is it ready to bottle despite its current state? Would it hurt anything to let it sit another week??? Directions from NB and How To Brew of no help. Thanks to all who chime in.

If u can cold crash it they will fall or gently swirling helps. Leaving for another week could lead to grass like flavors but I’ve never had a problem leaving them in for 2 weeks.

Thanks. If I cold crash should I immediately proceed to bottling or is there no hurry to do so?

I would go 2 days cold crash then bottle.

GD:
Thanks–your advice worked like a charm. Drove every bit to the bottom, and, incidentally, I noticed that the beer was more clarified as well. Did the cold crashing have anything to do with this? It also tasted incredible, with no grassy effect. Now it sleeps and hopefully carbonates well…thanks!

[quote=“brw”]GD:
Thanks–your advice worked like a charm. Drove every bit to the bottom, and, incidentally, I noticed that the beer was more clarified as well. Did the cold crashing have anything to do with this? It also tasted incredible, with no grassy effect. Now it sleeps and hopefully carbonates well…thanks![/quote]

Cold crashing improves clarity by allowing some of the smaller particles to come out of the beer and hit the bottom of the fermenter.

[quote=“brw”]GD:
Thanks–your advice worked like a charm. Drove every bit to the bottom, and, incidentally, I noticed that the beer was more clarified as well. Did the cold crashing have anything to do with this? It also tasted incredible, with no grassy effect. Now it sleeps and hopefully carbonates well…thanks![/quote]

Glad to hear it work well for you. Cheers :cheers: