I’m looking at brewing my first AG wheat beer this weekend, NB’s American Wheat kit (4 lbs. White Wheat & 4 lbs 2-row Pale, hopped with some Willamette and Cascade - I went with Wyeast 1010 for yeast). As this is my first time brewing this style, I have a few general questions:
- Would this be considered a soft water beer?
- Would this beer benefit from a 90 minute boil?
- Is it true that wheat beers are better consumed earlier than later?
- Since wheat beers are cloudy by nature, would I want to skip any sort of gel solutions or cold crashing?
- I think I’ve read that some people have seen noticeable drops in efficiency with wheat beers, is this so and are there any workarounds?
- Any other words of wisdom?
Thanks in advance for your comments!