American Wheat color

So i just finished bottling my American Wheat. This also is my first beer, so i have a question about the color. The description and picture on NB site shoes it being a golden color. Well, it’s a medium to mild copper color instead. I have read other reviews saying the same thing. So what is causing this? I would like to figure it out, so i can make more of it this spring for drink.
Thanks

As this is your first beer, I would guess that you made it using extract and a concentrated boil. If so, that is likely the cause. You can good beer this way, but the color tends to be darker. If you want to make light yellow beer, you’ll want to go to all grain brewing, or at least use a full-volume boil. But both of these options require additional equipment. As an intermediate step, you can use the “late extract” method. Just hold off on adding half the extract until about 15 minutes before the end of the boil. This will make the beer lighter, but still not really “light”.

I just tried the late extract method that Rebuilt mentioned–it worked well. My American Wheat is on its second week in the fermentor and is much lighter than my other batches of the same brew.

Cheers,
Ron

Ok, thanks for your help. I was thinking that maybe i was sent the wrong malt. Maybe after i get a few beers made under my belt, i will start the move to all grain.
Thanks
Matt