Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

American light recipe?

hey everyone, i have been home brewing for a few months now. i would like an american light recipe to keep on hand for friends that come over and don’t like the types of beers i have been brewing. i tried the brewers best american light recipe kit but wasn’t real fond of it. i came across this recipe;
1/2lb light crystal malt (lov 10)
6lbs light lme
3/4oz cascade @ 55 min
1/2oz cascade @30 min
1/2oz hallertau @5 min and left in primary
wyeast california ale

has anyone ever tried this recipe and would it be something lite beer drinkers would like?
thanks for any info

If the IBUs are higher than 15 I think your friends might turn their noses up. You might look at using a helles malt bill and hop schedule, that style is less bitter and hoppy than a pils style. I’d make the malt bill come out with a starting gravity of 1.040.

If they don’t like what you’ve been brewing give them tap water and save the good stuff for yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. Also, check out the Kolsch. Many people who don’t care for flavorful beer love the kolsch.

I served my “american” beer loving friends NB’s Lefse blond. Only 18 IBUs and they loved it. just a thought.

TBH, it is really a great, light, ale. Even those of us that now never drink BMC, enjoy lefse blond.

cheers.

[quote=“StormyBrew”]I served my “american” beer loving friends NB’s Lefse blond. Only 18 IBUs and they loved it. just a thought.

TBH, it is really a great, light, ale. Even those of us that now never drink BMC, enjoy lefse blond.

cheers.[/quote]

I need to try that. I have a buddy that brings over a six pack of Bud Light whenever I have a get together and serve up my brews. I think he may do it just to see my reaction, but I’d like to serve a beer like that. I believe I’ll go order it. Thanks, Stormy.

I actually have a lefse blond in the secondary right ready to bottle in a couple weeks. Maybe I just won’t have anyone over till its ready or just tell them to bring their own beer
Since I got into homebrewing I hate buying the commercial beers I would much rather drink mine or my local micros. Troeggs java head stout and victory hop devil and whirlwind are some of my favorites
Thanks for the input

The Belgian Yeast that comes with the Lefse Blonde is not going to give you a commercial light beer taste. Just my 2 cents.

this is true. but it does give a taste that BMC drinkers like.

:cheers:

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com