All you heady topper fans

Just a little beer pr0n for you. This picture appeared in my facebook feed yesterday and thought ya’ll might like it. I still haven’t tried it yet. Anyone willing to ship some to Ohio? :slight_smile:

busted link on the photo?

How about a trade? I can ship you a few cans of heady for something epic I can’t get in WNY. What’s that brewery on the West Side of Cleveland that makes some good IPAs?

PM me if you have any other ideas/something cool to trade. Wasn’t there one particular special release beer you really liked?

[quote=“Pietro”]busted link on the photo?

How about a trade? I can ship you a few cans of heady for something epic I can’t get in WNY. What’s that brewery on the West Side of Cleveland that makes some good IPAs?

PM me if you have any other ideas/something cool to trade. Wasn’t there one particular special release beer you really liked?[/quote]

Hmm, I viewed in a couple of browsers and the picture if showing up for me. Weird. It’s a fridge full with about 4 cases of heady topper.

Great Lakes brewing has Chillwave (formerly Alchemy Hour) but that is no longer available. Currently their seasonal is Lake Erie monster which is another good DIPA. Another good IPA out of Cleveland is Fat Heads Headhunter which in my opinion is better than Lake Erie Monster and pretty close to being as good as Chillwave and that’s available year round. It has a couple silver medals from the World Beer Cup.

Id be willing to ship you any number of those and even possibly a bottle of the greatest beer on the planet (in my opinion) which is GLBC’s barrel aged blackout stout that ive been cellaring for about 7 months. I only have 2 left but I could part with 1 to spread the love around. They sell for $30 a 4-pack (yeah i know…but I love the stuff!).

Let me know what you think is a fair trade.

Sorry, missed the “PM me” part of your post. PM sent

Is there any Indiana beers you guys would to try that you guys can’t get. I work for shipping company that could make shipping a lot cheaper and easier. Send package and return shipping tag for ship back. If you guy be interested in trading some beers that I can’t get Indiana.

I was a fan after 1st can! I’ve had a dozen or so since and it is still best beer I’ve ever had. Been wanting to make the trip North to visit the breweries in that area but can’t find the time to do it yet. I live in central PA and wouldn’t mind a swap with anybody willing. I have access to some fine breweries around here such as Victory, Troegs, Duclaw and Flying Dog. Anybody interested, pm me!

Dark. Lord. ??

:mrgreen:

I actually wouldn’t mind trading for some regular release 3 Floyds. PM me if that works for you.

I think we need to start a trading thread. I remember seeing one a few years ago on the forum. I’m in SC and wouldn’t mind trading with anyone out there.

HT is a good beer but a bit overated if you ask me.

1 Like

Don’t know yet but trying to find out.
I was in Vermont last weekend and went on the hunt for some. Walked into a store and saw someone paying for a 4 pack and thought I hit paydirt. Only to discover that guy bought the last of it!!!
So bummed.

The owner of my LHBS gave me a can of Heady Topper to try. The hoppyest beer I have every had that wasn’t very bitter. Different to say the least. He said that when it is delivered to the store they sell out in about ten minutes.

OK is it hoppyest or hoppyest? My spell checker doesn’t like either one.

[quote=“Kgetch”]Don’t know yet but trying to find out.
I was in Vermont last weekend and went on the hunt for some. Walked into a store and saw someone paying for a 4 pack and thought I hit paydirt. Only to discover that guy bought the last of it!!!
So bummed.[/quote]

Yikes, that’s worrisome. 4 of us are heading up there in late September to run a race and hit some Vermont breweries//watering holes afterward. Went to the Alchemist last year when they sold cases at the brewery and all was wonderful!!!
??Do any of you locals know of a reliable outlet for HT??

Also going to Hill Farmstead for the first time and keenly anticipating this vacation! :cheers:

I was also in VT recently, and I was told that HT is easier to find in the non summer months. The alchemist website was very helpful when I was hunting for HT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“Pietro”]What’s that brewery on the West Side of Cleveland that makes some good IPAs?
[/quote]
Fat Head’s Brewery. I’d put Head Hunter and Hop Juju up against just about anything.

[quote=“Hades”][quote=“Pietro”]What’s that brewery on the West Side of Cleveland that makes some good IPAs?
[/quote]
Fat Head’s Brewery. I’d put Head Hunter and Hop Juju up against just about anything.[/quote]

Just had a couple Head Hunters this weekend. Man such a great beer. The recipe is in the back of Mitch Steele’s IPA book. I have yet to attempt it though.

[quote=“Voodoo donut”][quote=“Kgetch”]Don’t know yet but trying to find out.
So bummed.[/quote]

Yikes, that’s worrisome. 4 of us are heading up there in late September to run a race and hit some Vermont breweries//watering holes afterward. Went to the Alchemist last year when they sold cases at the brewery and all was wonderful!!!
??Do any of you locals know of a reliable outlet for HT??

Also going to Hill Farmstead for the first time and keenly anticipating this vacation! :cheers: [/quote]

we got in early saturday AM (in April) and were able to find some Heady after bothering about 6 places listed on Alchemist’s Website that were out. The “Heady Spotter” twitter account is also helpful. If you hunt on Friday you should have better luck as its shipments are generally received on Friday mornings.

By and large, you are better off hitting some of the small convenience stores listed (usually a 2 4-pack maximum) than say Hunger Mountain Co-op which sells it by the case.

Hill is frigging amazing.

Thanks, Pietro, for the tips. Looking forward to Growlers of Hill Farmstead as much as the Heady Topper!

This is my table just yesterday :slight_smile:

[quote=“GarretD”]This is my table just yesterday :slight_smile:

[/quote]

that’s a whole bowl full nasty cloying beer. :cheers:

It’s damn good, but I’d agree that the hype is a bit much.

Fiddlehead has put out a DIPA, Second Fiddle. I’m liking it a lot. Give that one a try. I really like that brewery.