Air (CO2?) getting into my supply line

Newbie here. Starting kegging last batch and LOVED it. Second batch has an issue. When I pour a glass I am getting tons of head. If I instantly pour a second glass all is well. I noticed that after pouring a glass, I can see CO2 bubbles forming in the clear line from the keg to the tap.

My solution is to always plan on drinking two beers : )

Serioulsy though. I’m thinking the huge head in the first glass is being caused by the “air” pocket in the line.

Any ideas?

What are you serving out of? Often beer lines are warm causing an off gas of CO2 and major foaming issues. The second glass the beer lines are cold allowing the CO2 to stay in solution.

Where do you serve from? I have my taps in the garage and during the summer the metal can be 90F+, so I often have to run and discard the first 2-4 seconds of a pour to cool down the tap and prevent excessive foaming.

But the next pours are always fine.

Sorry about the lack of details. I have a full size kegerator. CO2 tank, lines, etc are all in the fridge.

[quote=“shewster”]Serioulsy though. I’m thinking the huge head in the first glass is being caused by the “air” pocket in the line.

Any ideas?[/quote]

You are correct in a sense. You will continue to have “air” or a gap created each and every time and will continue to see excess foam in-between pours until you balance your system. There is no leak and the beer is most likely properly carbed. Many times it is because you are running too short of a line. In the past and to this day LHBS and commercially sold kegarators tout the fact that <5ft of line is fine and dandy which when running the numbers for simple short run draft systems it usually turns out to be around 6-10ft of line being optimal.

I run around 10ft on all kegs and have perfect pours every time with no “air” or gaps in the fluid line. If you don’t want to run the numbers just start with 10ft and if the pour is very slow you can chop off a half foot or so until you find the length needed for your setup.