AHA website virus?

After clicking several links in google for the AHA website it redirects to something called “PolySearch” and displays a blank website with “Entering Site” text…

Obviously, I’m not a member of AHA… just posting this so maybe one of it’s members can contact their IT guy to look into it.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/

Looks fine to me? It was the 6th link on a google search using FireFox.

[quote=“PupThePup”]After clicking several links in google for the AHA website it redirects to something called “PolySearch” and displays a blank website with “Entering Site” text…

Obviously, I’m not a member of AHA… just posting this so maybe one of it’s members can contact their IT guy to look into it.[/quote]

You may have a browser Hijacker. Try disabling your browser add-ons and run a full scan with this http://live.vipreantivirus.com/

[quote=“CobiaTower”][quote=“PupThePup”]After clicking several links in google for the AHA website it redirects to something called “PolySearch” and displays a blank website with “Entering Site” text…

Obviously, I’m not a member of AHA… just posting this so maybe one of it’s members can contact their IT guy to look into it.[/quote]

You may have a browser Hijacker. Try disabling your browser add-ons and run a full scan with this http://live.vipreantivirus.com/[/quote]

Nice theory, but it happened from 3 different machines over the course of the last 3 or four days. My home machine is a new install, my work machine and a friends house.

The AHA site had either an intended or a malicious redirect to this polysearch.

It seems to be taken care of now.

I saw no problem there and I’m in contact with the AHA IT people pretty much every day. There were some server changes recently, but the only thing I saw that was a problem was that forum avatars vanished for a couple days.

The problem was with Google search and the AHA website. When searching Google and following a link to the AHA website, that’s when the redirect to ‘polysearch’ would happen. You wouldn’t notice a problem if you went directly to the website.

The problem was with Google search and the AHA website. When searching Google and following a link to the AHA website, that’s when the redirect to ‘polysearch’ would happen. You wouldn’t notice a problem if you went directly to the website.[/quote]

That doesn’t sound like a problem with the website.

The problem was with Google search and the AHA website. When searching Google and following a link to the AHA website, that’s when the redirect to ‘polysearch’ would happen. You wouldn’t notice a problem if you went directly to the website.[/quote]

That doesn’t sound like a problem with the website.[/quote]

It certainly could have been (or was) a problem with the AHA index page or the .htaccess doing an intentional or malicious redirect, or, an unlikely scenario is that google could have been redirecting to this ‘polysearch’ for queries involving AHA…

At any rate, it’s fixed now, so no worries.