AHA members and GABF Tickets Question

I am looking into getting an AHA membership this year. I really would like to get tickets to go to the GABF in 2013, I am wondering since AHA members can get tickets first, how many do they allow the members to get? My parents would love to go with me to the GABF but I would be bummed if I was only allowed to buy one ticket.

Any advice from people who have gone to the GABF, or other benefits of an AHA membership would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Since you are in the Twin Cities, an AHA membership is a no-brainer to me as both NB and Midwest give 10% off in store. That easily pays for my membership and the rest is a nice bonus. Zymurgy is probably worth the cost of the membership as well.

I don’t recall how many tickets you can buy as it’s been a few years since I went, but it is more than one.

[quote=“Son of a Kraut”]Since you are in the Twin Cities, an AHA membership is a no-brainer to me as both NB and Midwest give 10% off in store. That easily pays for my membership and the rest is a nice bonus. Zymurgy is probably worth the cost of the membership as well.

I don’t recall how many tickets you can buy as it’s been a few years since I went, but it is more than one.[/quote]
You guys in the Twin Cities are very lucky to have access to two great LHBS’s. There are 2 within 15 minutes of my house, but the grain selection at one sucks and both have very high prices. Neither offer an AHA discount. I basically only buy yeast, specialty grains and emergency items from them.

Actually there are 4 HBS in the cities area and they all will give a 10% discount to home brew club members.

Thanks for all of the advice; I look forward to getting an AHA membership soon!

2 tickets I believe. I have a friend in colorado that is an AHA member and he goes every year. I have bought a couple tickets for him in the past when he has taken wife, brother and his wife, etc.

Thanks Braufessor, I hope I will be able to get tickets!

any idea where the gabf will be held next year? :?:

probably denver?

its always in Denver@ the convention center.

Get online the day they go on sale and get tickets (for member pre-sale). They typically sell out within 20-30 minutes.

You can also do the stubhub thing if you miss it. I sold one for face value to the Members only farm to table this year.

Denver huh
guess I wont be going anytime soon

“honey I need to go to Denver for a few days”
What for?
“to Drink Beer”

:lol:

[quote=“Ekffazr”]Denver huh

What for?
“to Drink Beer”

:lol: [/quote]

its EDUCATIONAL!

[quote=“Ekffazr”]Denver huh

What for?
“to Drink Beer”

:lol: [/quote]
if you drive down stop and pick me up you will probably go right past my place.