Adding to a Taprite Regulator

Hello Everyone,

I’m not sure if it’s the holiday season or all of the first-time kegging posts that have been popping up on the forum lately, but after three years of brewing and ~3,000 bottled beers, I too have been bitten by the kegging bug. The plan at this point is to start with two kegs (outfitted with picnic taps) in a spare refrigerator until I can build a kegerator out of a chest freezer further down the line.

Since I like to have a variety of beers available at once, usually requiring different levels of carbonation, I am considering starting with a Taprite Dual Body CO2 Regulator. My questions is, since I will likely be wanting to add additional kegs to my system further down the line (continuing to allow for differing levels of carbonation), would I be able to add additional regulators to a dual body regulator as my system grows, or would it be better to buy a three (or four, or five…) body regulator right off the bat?

[quote=“Dan S”]Hello Everyone,

I’m not sure if it’s the holiday season or all of the first-time kegging posts that have been popping up on the forum lately, but after three years of brewing and ~3,000 bottled beers, I too have been bitten by the kegging bug. The plan at this point is to start with two kegs (outfitted with picnic taps) in a spare refrigerator until I can build a kegerator out of a chest freezer further down the line.

Since I like to have a variety of beers available at once, usually requiring different levels of carbonation, I am considering starting with a Taprite Dual Body CO2 Regulator. My questions is, since I will likely be wanting to add additional kegs to my system further down the line (continuing to allow for differing levels of carbonation), would I be able to add additional regulators to a dual body regulator as my system grows, or would it be better to buy a three (or four, or five…) body regulator right off the bat?[/quote]

You can add another individual body to it. I started out with one and added a second, both with splitters for 4 kegs total. I keep thinking I should add 2 more bodies but it’s working out OK.

[quote=“Dan S”]Hello Everyone,

Since I like to have a variety of beers available at once, usually requiring different levels of carbonation, I am considering starting with a Taprite Dual Body CO2 Regulator. My questions is, since I will likely be wanting to add additional kegs to my system further down the line (continuing to allow for differing levels of carbonation), would I be able to add additional regulators to a dual body regulator as my system grows, or would it be better to buy a three (or four, or five…) body regulator right off the bat?[/quote]

You can add another individual body to it. I started out with one and added a second, both with splitters for 4 kegs total. I keep thinking I should add 2 more bodies but it’s working out OK.

Currently I have a double but both lines are always set to same PSI. Since I will be adding a 3rd keg and will have different pressures for different types of beer as well as force carbing I ordered this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CORNELIUS-T ... 232ca50e43

It should come this week. I will post some more pics of it installed in keezer. I think I will need to purchase some 5/16" barb to threaded outlets but not sure yet. This one appears like you can add additional gauges but I’m not sure yet. I will never use more that three in my current setup so this was what I got.

Thanks to both of you. At this point I’m thinking that I probably won’t go above three taps, but those are probably just famous last words(!).

Scalded Dog, I’ve seen those multi-body regulators online (thanks for posting the link), but will probably start with a double and then add on if need be (would love to see pics of your keezer!). Dannyboy, splitters are an option I hadn’t considered – thanks for mentioning that.

Dan, glad to help. That gauge assembly came in. Very high quality but as I suspected I will need to purchase the 5/16" barb fitting with shutoff separately.

I recently ordered the Taprite 2 body also for regulating each keg. I plan on adding on single ones eventually as i’m getting 2 double tap towers for my future keezer. I don’t know much about them, but hope adding on is cool. Would you need to hold them in place with some sort of bracket inside the keezer? Also, looks like a nice unit Scalded Dog picked up. I’m curious though why the 3 gauges are different & go up to 160 psi? I thought about 30 psi was as much as needed to force carb? :mrgreen:

Thirsty, I also thought that was weird. I don’t know why you would ever need a PSI that high. I may swap out that gauge for a 0-60 since it’s easier to set and read.