Adding more yeast

Not on his first beer, man…

I still say do nothing but wait. IME, trying to “fix” a beer often only makes things worse.[/quote]

The more i thought about tryign to doctor it the more i agree with you here. Im glad i didnt do anything. Im partial to things i cook so i assume beer will be the same ill probably still enjoy it. Ill just chalk it up to experiece even though im not sure what went wrong and move on.

Thanks for the replys everyone. i really appreciate it and hopefully ill be able to help someone like current me a few years from now.

One final question on this batch. Is the amount of sugar i have left significant enough that i should alter my priming sugar? Beer smith says 4.40 oz at 70 degrees which is about room temp for 2.40 carbonation

+1. I agree, it’s done, bottle it and move on.

[quote=“beerme11”]Thanks for the replys everyone. i really appreciate it and hopefully ill be able to help someone like current me a few years from now.

One final question on this batch. Is the amount of sugar i have left significant enough that i should alter my priming sugar? Beer smith says 4.40 oz at 70 degrees which is about room temp for 2.40 carbonation[/quote]

If the gravity doesn’t keep dropping, any sugar in there is unfermentable so you don’t have to account for it.

I’m agreeing with you, Denny. Extracts finish higher. It’s done. Move on to partial mash or just jump in to all grain. It’s not hard and you can really start controlling your gravities (starting and finishing).

:cheers:

If my logic is correct I realized, in part, why my FG was too high. While bottling i realized that i had only 4.5 gallons.

I knew this was wrong becuase i had topped off to “5 gallons” before fermentation.

When i used a gallon water jug from store to check my markings i realized all my markings were low. (used ice tea pitcher with gallon marking the first time) The differnce between the real 5 gallon and my old 5 gallons was 64 oz, about half a gallon

Is my logic correct that this would make my FG higher since the wort would be more concentrated?

[quote=“beerme11”]If my logic is correct I realized, in part, why my FG was too high. While bottling i realized that i had only 4.5 gallons.

I knew this was wrong becuase i had topped off to “5 gallons” before fermentation.

When i used a gallon water jug from store to check my markings i realized all my markings were low. (used ice tea pitcher with gallon marking the first time) The differnce between the real 5 gallon and my old 5 gallons was 64 oz, about half a gallon

Is my logic correct that this would make my FG higher since the wort would be more concentrated?[/quote]

Maybe, but not necessarily. It means your OG was higher, which could make the FG higher, but it’s hard to say.