A little worried

So I brewed my first beer 2 days ago and did exactly what the directions said. I got the 1 gallon honey porter kit. I opened my closet to see what it looked like and the beer looked like a gross brown color. Does the color darken during the fermentation process to a more blackish porter color? I can’t think of anything I did wrong. I made sure everything was sanitized the only thing I could think of is I used the stainless steel pot I brew sweet tea in to boil my wort, but the pot isn’t stained at all. I have a black IPA kit waiting to be brewed, but I don’t wanna screw it up. Any advice yall could give me would be great. Thanks!

After two days, the yeast have multiplied to the point where they are visible. Yeast are naturally white, so they give the beer a cloudy appearance and will turn a black porter to brown. Don’t worry - this is good news, you have active fermentation. After a couple more weeks the yeast will drop out to the bottom and leave the beer a clear black color.

Welcome to a great hobby!

You are okay. Just keep the wort temperature low to mid 60°s and it will taste great.